“Take the free tour of the whole facility. ”

National Air and Space Museum
Book In Advance
$65.00*
Private Guided Tour of the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum
$119.00*
and up
Private Smithsonian Combo Tour: Museum of American History, Air and Space Museum
$65.00*
Small Group Tour of the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The most popular of the Smithsonian museums features the Wright Brothers' 1903 Flyer and Lindbergh's Spirit of St. Louis.
Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I arrived later in the day and found the best way to see just about everything the museum has to offer. Take the free tour. Our tour guide, Joe was so passionate and so full of interesting stories about everything in the museum, that our tour went over by 1 hour and 15 minutes. We were literally escorted out of the museum by security because the museum had closed 30 minutes before our tour was over. What a truly great learning experience we had today. I would strongly recommend what we did today to anyone who really wants to get the most out of a day at the Air and Space Museum.

1  Thank Rich G
Write a ReviewReviews (19,315)

Reviewed August 26, 2014 via mobile

We did the 4:30 free tour at the Air and Space museum. Our tour guide, Joe, was awesome!!! He was very engaging and knowledgable. His mixture of stories and facts kept you attention through out the tour. If he had been my history teacher, I might remember more of what I was suppose to learn.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

Agree on getting there early. Take the guided tour - it's worth it and there is no extra charge. Wish that there were more interactive displays - only one airplane which you could board(1950's Boeing aircraft). The Gemini and Mercury spacecraft could be better displayed; they are not lighted so you cannot see very much inside the aircraft.

One of the spacecraft as you enter is covered by plastic. Why? Because of a leak in the roof.
We can do better.

1  Thank Larry_O34678
Reviewed August 26, 2014

This place is massive. My wife and I spent hours here and still didn't see all the exhibits. Some amazing history and very cool to see some the planes and rockets, etc that have actually been used for historical events. Plan to be on your feet for a LONG TIME, and avoid eating here if you can because it's a highly overpriced and insanely busy McDonalds

Reviewed August 26, 2014

This is an exhibit that will take more than one day as there is so much to take in, to observe and to experience. The museum tends to get crowded but it is worth it.