“Sooooo much to see” 5 of 5 bubbles

Private Guided Tour of the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The most popular of the Smithsonian museums features the Wright Brothers' 1903 Flyer and Lindbergh's Spirit of St. Louis.
Alexandria, Virginia
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Sooooo much to see”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

I was hesitant about bringing my 6 year old grandson here because I thought he would be bored but after reading horrible reviews of the local science museum and having already done the zoo and museum of natural history, I decided to give it a shot. He loved it so much we spent the entire afternoon and only left as the museum was closing. There was so much to see and there were numerous interactive exhibits. I will be going back by myself to take a more leisurely gander at the facility and catch an IMAX movie. Excellent!

• Arabic first
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Surprisingly comprehensive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

I hadn't anticipated the extent of the history of aviation and space travel laid out in this space. Learnt about things like the V2 bombs, the smallness of space modules, and a whole range of information. Easy to pick and chose which area to concentrate on; great exhibit on Amelia Earheart.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“A day is not long enough to see all of this Museum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed the visit. Great for all ages. Brought back a few memories. Hope to visit again when next in DC

Visited March 2013
Conway, Arkansas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great museum”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

My husband and I stopped by the Air and Space Museum and had a great time. We went to 4 Smithsonian museums during our stay. For me, this one wasn't as interesting as the Natural History Museum or American History Museum, but still worth the visit.

Detroit, Michigan, USA
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Glorious in-depth trip through the history of flight and space travel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

I've been to this facility twice and I'm sure that I have not seen its contents entirely. There is so much to see that it demands repeat trips even if they are years apart. This is one of my favorite museums that I've ever been to including several in Europe.

Visited March 2013