“Take your kids here!”

$115.00*
Private Guided Tour of the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum
$185.00*
and up
Private Smithsonian Combo Tour: Museum of American History Plus Air and Space...
$89.00*
Small Group Tour of the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The most popular of the Smithsonian museums features the Wright Brothers' 1903 Flyer and Lindbergh's Spirit of St. Louis.
Chennai (Madras), India
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Take your kids here!”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

It's really a very good place for everyone, but still I think it's really good for kids because they get to know everything about air and space. My daughter was so very interested in knowing the basic facts about air and even she said she got to know about space more. I think it feeds minds of all ages. Overall a wonderful museums and you won't know how long you have been there when you spend time at each exhibit.

• Arabic first
  • Vietnamese first
westchester co, ny
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Another Great Smithsonian Museum”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My children, girl-11 and boy-9, love Washington. We come 1-2 times a year. We also introduce other destinations, assuming that they will want to expand their experiences, but they can't get enough D.C.. One place we never skip is the Air and Space Museum. I would have guessed that it would appeal to my son, and it does, but my daughter enjoys it too. There is so much to see and the displays are often interactive which the kids love also. If you want you can also take a trip to Chantilly Virginia to the Udvar-Hazy Center. They have a huge selection of vintage aircraft (UH-1 Blackhawk, Enola Gay, the Discovery space shuttle, etc).

Visited August 2013
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“It was good”
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

We did this and the other one out near the Dulles airport. For planes the Dulles wins hands down. We were a little bit let down with this museum. Don't get me wrong I loved going there but in joyed the other air and space more. This museum had a lot more things to read and it did have the wright brothers plane

Trinidad
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“Must see in Washington!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to the air and space museum. I stayed here approximately 4 hours and got the guided tour. it was worth it! afterwards, i wandered about on my own because there was so much to see - they also had lots of activities for kids. great historical and scientific value

Greensboro, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Needs updating”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

A little rough around the edges. Seemed dated. I don't think it's changed much since I was there 20 years ago. The IMAX movie must have been 30 years old!!!

Visited August 2013