“Exhibits are great but crowded”

National Air and Space Museum
Book In Advance
$115.00*
Private Guided Tour of the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum
$185.00*
and up
Private Smithsonian Combo Tour: Museum of American History Plus Air and Space...
$89.00*
Small Group Tour of the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The most popular of the Smithsonian museums features the Wright Brothers' 1903 Flyer and Lindbergh's Spirit of St. Louis.
Reviewed June 22, 2013

It is a must see if you have any interest in flight. The exhibits are great, we really liked the Wright flyer, but be prepared for the crowds. Take 20 buses of high school kids with no supervision and let them run wild in a huge building. The food court is hot, sticky, noisy as a lunchroom and will make your local mall seem tame by by comparison.My advice is to peek in there then go next door and eat at the Indian museum.

There are newer reviews for National Air and Space Museum

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We went twice, the first time to run into the shop basement just so my DH could see the starship enterprise used in the first series. Ok I give him the dues that I enjoyed seeing it too. We took about 30 minutes just walking around the shop as they have 3 floors of interesting content. We returned a few days later to take some time to see some of the exhibits. The space related articles were fantastic in the entrance. Some really wonderful exhibits going back decades to the present time with an airbus cockpit. There is a mcdonalds restaurant and restrooms. Although it was free there is an opportunity to make a donation. The staff on reception were extremely helpful.

1  Thank tigger32
Reviewed June 22, 2013

The Friday that I went (Jun 21st), this museum was really crowded. So much so that my family and I skipped half of it. I visited this museum about 25 years ago and I loved it. Some things had changed in that time, but it is largely as I remember.
I really would have loved to stay longer but it is SO popular (at least that day) that we had to exit early to get some breathing room.
It is definitely worth visiting. Just try to time it on an off-peak day so you can take your time to enjoy it.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I'm not a huge fan of this kinda stuff, but have to say it was pretty cool! We had an 8 yo, 11 yo, and 12 yo with us and it was well worth it. Small enough to cover in just a few hours.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I dragged my wife into the museum. We are in our late 40's. She was kind of interested. Maybe this is more appealing to the men and also if you have teenage kids - they will love it..
There is lots to see. I really enjoyed it.It was very busy, people everywhere. Lots of school kids running around (not sure where their teachers were).
Note to people from Europe who generally carry backpacks, you have to go through security and backpacks attract a lot of attention. Just don't bring them.