“AWESOME”

Renegade Group Tour of the National Gallery of Art
$119.00*
National Mall and National Gallery of Art Small-Group Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: We belong to you. The National Gallery of Art—the nation’s museum—preserves, collects, exhibits, & fosters understanding of works of art.
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Unbelieveable collection of art, truly amazing. A definite must see when touring DC! A priceless collection well displayed.

Write a ReviewReviews (7,879)

Reviewed March 12, 2013

The docent came out of no where and noticed our 9YO was bored and showed us something super cool with one of the paintings!

1  Thank Meg E
Reviewed March 12, 2013

if you go to DC this is a place you for sure have to visit! it has unique pieces that you wont find anywhere else!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I enjoy art and one of the best things about living in DC is that the museums are, for the most part, free. I especially like the National Gallery of Art - the architecture alone is worth wandering around and taking in at leisure.

I was there recently to view a new exhibit: Pre-Raphaelites: Victorian Art and Design, 1848-1900. It only runs through May, 2013, so I'd encourage a visit soon. Fascinating to see works I've only ever seen in books -right up there on the wall. My favorite may well have been Millais' Ophelia, a painting that I remember from many an English textbook in college.

Of course, a wander around does not guarantee you won't be slightly disappointed. Also on display was Michelangelo's 16thc sculpture of David-Apollo. When seen in real-life, it's a lot smaller that I expected it to be - and somewhat unfinished. Perhaps this is artistic heresy(!) but I was...rather underwhelmed. :-) A minor blip - the Gallery itself is outstanding.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

As a layman,this museum did a great job for my art education. Nice to be able to see the only Leonardo Da Vinci in north america, Great collection!