Carriage House on Capitol Hill
Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)
$188
Hotels.com
$360
$323
$305
  • Pool
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
$328
$287
  • Breakfast included
Sofitel Washington DC(Washington DC)
$368
$359
  • Room Service
$463
$399
  • Pool
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
$549
Hotels.com
$293
$280
  • Pool
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
$383
$287
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
$409
$171
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed in the Coach House which is a separate 2 bedroom house. We always search for a good property when going on holiday, as do many others these days, and find reviews helpful - so here goes. The property is indeed accessed up steep steps, not really a problem as this is clearly stated. The property itself was great two large bedrooms and lots of space for everyone. Thw owners were helpful and available each time we needed them, sure they work so YOU might not get them every time. We were here during the hurricane and the owners made sure we were OK. We had limited provisions provided on our arrival and the owners even dropped bagels in one day. The laundry facilities were a great feature, no smelly running gear hanging round the place drying out! There is a small grocery store at the end of the street and places to eat nearby. We felt like residents rather than visitors which was great. If you're looking for 5* and daily maid service this is not for you BUT if you like space and a great location give this place a try. We had a fantastic stay, thank you.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Chris W
Reviewed March 12, 2011

This may not be the most objective review of the Carriage House since I've have stayed here numerous times over the years and I consider the owners/hosts my friends. I stay at the Carriage House because of it's proximity to Capitol Hlll.
I guess it all boils down to what you what in a B&B. If you want "personalize service" meaning the owners/jhosts will be available a vast
majority of the time to answer questions and be you tour guide; you're out of luck.
If you're more of the independent type or someone who likes to plan things yourself AND you don't mind making our own continential breakfast, you will do fine. I've never had a problem while staying at the Carriage House except a few times when it snowed, but that's not their problem,

Here's a tip: Read the information about Carriage House and DC in the binder in your room. And, if you run out of napkins look in the cabinet undeneath the coffee mugs.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 17, 2011

Our second stay at the Coach House was even better than the first. Our hosts went out of their way to help us making our trip extra special. The room was clean, comfortable, and charmingly decorated. The decor is an eclectic mix of the rare, the ordinary turned special, and the not-so-usual. We will be going back again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2010

I realize that this B and B is run by working individuals, however apart from when I ran in to the helper standing in while the owner was away, it wasn't welcoming. The tarriff may be reasonable value for the location however it felt expensive given that the bedcover needed a good wash and there was mold on the shower curtain when I arrived. No one ever asked after my stay. I'd like to add that I have traveled extremely extensively in the US and stayed in a range of accommodation from bed and breakfast and motels to nice boutique and luxury hotels. But this rated badly by comparison to my previous b and b experiences While being perfectly able to make my own bed, I expected (wrongly?) that my room would get serviced each day and it didn't on 3 of the nights of my stay. I never had breakfast there - to be honest I preferred to go out, it was all a bit sugary for my taste but that's personal. I had family nearby and friends visiting, but if I hadn't I would have liked more interaction. I was a fan of the cat and the dog, though. There is internet but it has a slow connection.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank indietraveller10
Reviewed October 30, 2010

Neighborhood and low prices with parking.The person who occupies very nice to us.
Thet.toilets do not work on our arrival.We have to put Water with bucket.The day after we were changing room.After that the owner were not sympatic with us.
There is a dog that barks every time that a tenant enters or leaves. So not possible to sleep before waking up with the last and the first that rises.The doors close properly and must be cracked, so noise for neighbors

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple