“Bike the DC monuments at night=highlight of trip!”
Review of Bike and Roll DC

Bike and Roll DC
Experience for Yourself
More Info
$40.00*
and up
Washington DC Monuments Bike Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Bike tours & rentals and SEGWAY tours! We offer the best value for sightseeing. Take a professionally led tour and let our fun and knowledgeable guides share historical and unique facts about the monuments and memorials on the National Mall OR rent a bike and explore the Capital City on your own-we have options to fit the whole the whole family. Free with every rental: helmet, lock, and map. Bike and Roll offers day and evening bike and Segway tours from mid March-mid December. Don't take our word for it - check out what travelers are saying about us in our reviews!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Stroller parking, Activities for young children
Fort Wayne, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Bike the DC monuments at night=highlight of trip!”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Had the pleasure of zipping between monuments, led by the chipper, friendly, and trivia-loving Henry. What a great way to cover a lot of ground at a time of day when I'm usually at a loss for what to do (other than eat or go to expensive performing arts events). The monuments all look close and "walk-able" when you're planning a visit to DC, but then you get there and you've already done a lot of walking... so you skip stuff. If not for the bikes, I know I would have missed a lot of sites. And again, DC looks very easily navigable as you're planning a trip--and it is--but after a few days of figuring out how to get from point A to B, it was nice to check out for a few hours and just follow Henry. Bikes were comfortable and worked perfectly. I'm not a confident cyclist so I was a little apprehensive about a quasi-athletic group activity (flashbacks to bad experiences in gym class as a child... shudder...) but I'm proud to report it was no big deal. After taking this trip, I will make a concerted effort to seek out similar tours in other cities when I travel. Bike and Roll was friendly, easy to work with, and easy to find.

Alexandria, Virginia, United States
“Mostly great”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

There were a lot of great things about using Bike and Roll: great location, good service, well-supplied. The only thing that was a little off for me was the shape of the bicycle I ended up with. The seat felt really low and the handlebars felt really high compared to what I'm used to riding. It wasn't uncomfortable, just slightly awkward. We just rented bikes for a few hours, though if I visit DC again, I might try a tour, or rent for a larger portion of the day.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“WAAAY to expensive and limiting!”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I was charged $35 for 5 hours rental. Being a cyclist I found this not to be enough time to see the basics of DC! The Hop on hop off bus is cheaper at $30 valid for a day and you get commentary! Their price should realistically be round $15 per day... The two agents at Union station weren't really interested in helping patrons (cell phones rule!) and were very glad when I left. How suckers like us still pay these people is beyond me! Walk or use public transport and help put these ripper-off-ers out of business...!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Afternoon ride around DC”

Great Service and Value
Will use again in the future

West Hartford
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Nice Memorial Day Bike Ride”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The bicycleds (hybrids) that my wife and I rented were in excellent condition. The service at the rental kiosk was excellent, both when renting and when returning the bikes. We had a great day riding around the mall and to the memorials.

Opportunities for improvement: One lock was a little balky - the key didn't easily turn, but was usable. One bike did not have a bell. We did not realize this until we were about a mile away, so we didn't bother to go back. I'm sure if we had brought this to their attention, they would have addressed it immediately.