“a "must do" in DC” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Washington DC Duck Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Make a splash in our Nation’s Capital aboard the DC Ducks, 1942 amphibious transport vehicles used to support and carry troops during World War II. Today they are a great way to see Washington by both land and sea. Winding our way first through the monuments, the Mall, the Capitol and museums of the Smithsonian before splashing into the Potomac and under the flight path at Reagan National Airport. Its fun for all ages!
New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“a "must do" in DC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

this almost two hour tour is a MUST for DC visitors. This was my first visit to DC with my kids & parents. We took this tour on our fist day, SO glad we did it early in our trip. It covered almost all of the attractions, great way to see where everything is located to plan out the rest of your trip. Tour guide was overflowing with information and facts. He also answered all questions and provided so many useful tips. Tour Guide let everyone steer the boat in the water, big hit. Seemed pricey when I booked in advance (cheaper to bbok on line, big$diff when I had 7 people in my group) but SO worth it.
The Duck Quackers made a nice souvenir.

Visited August 2013
4 Thank JenniferENewJersey

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
LI, NY
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“HOT FUN IN THE SUMMERTIME”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

what took us so long? we have been coming to d.c. for 6 years and just decided to try this tour. it is a fact- filled, fun way to spend a few hours. our tour guide, steve, made everyone laugh out loud while teaching us so much about landmarks and the history of the duck boat itself. the fleet was used in WWII, and was built entirely by women. they are obviously, still operational. once entering the Potomac, it's full speed ahead (maybe 20 mph) and lots of silliness. can't go wrong if you are looking to lighten up your day and have a few laughs.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank jonesbeachgirl
Payson, Utah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Not what we thought it would be”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We used the red double decker bus in New York and had a wonderful time. We had been to DC previously and had a hard time navigating our way around, so we decided to use the DC Duck tours. I had read reviews saying this was a waste of money but I thought maybe people weren't giving a fair rating. We found that with traffic it takes forever to get to from one stop to another. It was super hot and it seemed like we were always stuck in traffic. I also felt like the buses didn't come to the stops evey 15 minutes. It seemed like we wasted a lot of time waiting on buses. I would not recommend this service.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Robyn H
Henderson, North Carolina
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Get your quackers out!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

We went as a couple to get a different perspective of the DC area. It was great to drive into the Potomac and tour in a unique way. I think it is something that children would enjoy a lot especially when the guide gets the quackers out. The young-ens seemed to have a blast working those things but as an adult I could have got along fine without them. The tour ,approx 90 mins. long, leaves from Union Station and returns there. The guide was very pleasant, knowledgeable and entertaining. Adults need to be aware that during part of the trip it will get noisy but you can enjoy seeing how much fun the children are having. I would recommend doing this for something different.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank RoadKing8084
Moneta, Virginia, United States
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“Riding the Sitting Duck”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

What a great way to tour DC with kids...who else drives their vehicle in the Potomac?? The Captain was knowledgable and interesting...much better than pre- recorded!! And the duck whistles were fun...and loud!!!

Visited August 2013

Been to D.C. Ducks? Share your experiences!