“The kids loved it, too!”
Review of D.C. Ducks

and up
Washington DC Duck Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Make a splash in our Nation’s Capital aboard the DC Ducks, 1942 amphibious transport vehicles used to support and carry troops during World War II. Today they are a great way to see Washington by both land and sea. Winding our way first through the monuments, the Mall, the Capitol and museums of the Smithsonian before splashing into the Potomac and under the flight path at Reagan National Airport. Its fun for all ages!
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I took my 3 grandkids to D.C. at the end of school summer. They are ages 10, 8 & 8. They just loved this tour. They were given quackers (whistles) at the end and drove everyone nuts but had a super time.

Idled in the water for awhile directly under the flight path of jets landing at the airport and that was a thrill for all of us.
I suggest this tour and it leaves at Union Station which is easy to get to.

1  Thank thesteevesgroup
"all ages"
in 26 reviews
"different perspective"

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I took my two granddaughters, ages 9 and 10 on the Duck Tour of Washington, DC. Although some of the commentary was a little above their interest level, as soon as we hit the water and received our "quackers," that all changed! Our guide was pleasant, humorous and knew his material. I would recommend this tour for something different, especially for children. The ride on the Potomac was wonderful and it was a great way to see DC from a different viewpoint.

2  Thank reindeer367
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This is a good way to introduce yourself to DC. You will have a better idea on where you may want to go to after knowing what DC has to offer through the Duck Tour. If you've never been on a DT then kids will enjoy the boat ride more than the drive. The captain lets the little ones steer the boat when on water which was cool for lots of kids.
However, this is not a tour to get off and take pictures. You will always be inside the vehicle so there won't be any up front shots in front the landmark you wanna have in your background.
If you don't know what DC has to offer, take the Duck Tour- it will definitely give you a better idea.

Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

We took the duck for a change of pace and truly enjoyed it. Capt. Franklin did a nice job of keeping both adults and children interested. If you are bothered by children enjoying themselves with the duck quackers choose another tour because they do alot of quacking...I loved it. It was imformative.
The only problem I saw was with walk ups. The guy that was the host kept disappearing leaving a lot of people confused and upset. The fellow working on 8/5/13 at 12 noon on, needs replaced or you will lose business. People leaving we're quite upset.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 4, 2013

As city sight-seeing tours go, we would rate this one as average, based upon comparison with city tours we have experienced in San Francisco, Montreal, Boston and Charleston, S.C. to name a few. These vehicles have the ability of traveling on water as well as land, and thus it offers views of the city you won't find via any other tour company. However, on balance, I wonder what parts of the city we missed while taking the time to putter around on the Potomac. Some of the sights that I would have liked seeing, but that we missed, were Georgetown, Chinatown, The Mall-Washington Monument and Reflecting Pool, Embassy Row, etc. So we will have to take a tour by another sight-seeing company when we return. The particular vehicle we rode in sounded like it was on its last legs mechanically, and I kept thinking it was going to break down at any time, so keep that in mind. Towards the end of the tour the operator gave every one these stupid duck whistles which all of the kids had to blow continuously for the last fifteen minutes of the trip- very annoying in the tight quarters we all had to share. My ears are still ringing. But this is a city that has so much to offer for the average sight-seer that any tour is going to be time well-spent.

Jerry M, General Manager at D.C. Ducks, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to review our tour. I was sorry to read that the tour did not meet your expectations. Our motto is safety first, courtesy a close second and while the DC Duck vehicles are World War II troop transporters, we take the care and maintenance of these vehicles very seriously. We do have a 100% money back guarantee that you can access by visiting the customer service area of our website.