“Food average, service not the best”

Bobby Van's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Bobby Van's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #123 of 3,229 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: 12th & New York Avenue
Description: Bobby Van’s Grill marks the return of the powerful New York City chop shop to the downtown D.C. area but with a new twist. This eclectic New American Steakhouse now boasts a slightly more casual family friendly atmosphere as well as catering to the Washington politician. This 536-seat D.C. destination is fully loaded! There’s four private, intimate and upscale dining rooms with their own bar and bar services. Two 40-foot long bars can be found with friendly bartenders serving strong drinks and even stronger conversations. The main dining room boasts views of both New York Avenue and the plush marble atrium of the adjoining building amidst its beautiful water fountain. This is an ideal place to meet for power lunches, family gatherings and late night dinners in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
CA
“Food average, service not the best”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Food was average, nothing special. The attitude of the server was less than welcoming. Server seemed to be having an extra bad day.

• Greek first
  • Indonesian first
detroit, mich
“Nice dinner, excellent service”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

In a city where high prices are the norm, the grill offers some opportunities to be more moderately priced. We had excellent food and service. The wine list is moderate sized but offers some bargains.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank avalonandl
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Wonderful and High End”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Bobby Van's Grill is second to none. The food is wonderful. The atmosphere is great. And the staff is VERY knowledge about the food and wine. It is wonderful resturant. Great for special occasions or just a night out.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank mochabargain
Wimberley, Texas
“Great suggestion from our hotel”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Great suggestion and great food! Ate outside and had nice view. The tables wobbled a bit so it would have been nice had they been balanced but we applied the typical trick to balance the table and all was good. We shared Hearts of Iceberg Salad and Nachos. Portions were huge and tasty. Planned to return for an evening meal but scheduled didn't allow for it. Shame....

Danvers, Massachusetts
“Worth dining here”
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

I went here with a friend on a Friday night. We weren't sure what we wanted till they mentioned the specials. I am not a seafood person so the filet was my choice. Perfect....for $40 I got a salad (calamari, which I gave my friend) filet with potato, asparagus and desert ( I had a root beer float)

My friend had my salad which she said was delicious and crab cakes which she claimed were cooked perfectly

I was very happy with my meal. The entree was on the small side for some but perfect for me. Plus if I had had the salad (instead of giving it away) it would have been too much.

Service was great but we were there early

On Sunday night we tried Bobby's vans steakhouse on 15th. We were very disappointed. I got filet again. I only ate 1/2 of it , $45 & it was chewy.