“Wonderful atmosphere”

Bobby Van's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Bobby Van's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #136 of 3,257 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: 12th & New York Avenue
Description: Bobby Van’s Grill marks the return of the powerful New York City chop shop to the downtown D.C. area but with a new twist. This eclectic New American Steakhouse now boasts a slightly more casual family friendly atmosphere as well as catering to the Washington politician. This 536-seat D.C. destination is fully loaded! There’s four private, intimate and upscale dining rooms with their own bar and bar services. Two 40-foot long bars can be found with friendly bartenders serving strong drinks and even stronger conversations. The main dining room boasts views of both New York Avenue and the plush marble atrium of the adjoining building amidst its beautiful water fountain. This is an ideal place to meet for power lunches, family gatherings and late night dinners in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Wonderful atmosphere”
Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

Had dinner here and it was quite relaxing. It seems we had several staff that cared for our needs. I had two appetizers and a friend had a full meal. The food was excellent and the serving sizes were perfect. Staff went out of their way to make guests feel welcomed. I would definitely check them out!

• Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Hampshire, Uk
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I had dinner here during a recent business trip to Washington. I did not have a reservation so I was happy to sit at the bar which was very busy with the after work crowd which created a very lively atmosphere.

The food was very, very good. Lobster on ice to begin followed by probably the best Sea Bass dish I have ever had - delicious.

Top of my list on my next trip to Washington

• Visited December 2012
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“I would definitely go back!”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I went to Bobby Van's Grill last night for dinner. I went with my boyfriend and we used a living social offer (pay for $25, enjoy $50). Our overall experience was great. The restuarant had great decor, and the staff were all very nice. Our waitor was noticably new to the job (he had to reference a piece of paper in his back pocket when asked about a menu item), but was very attentive and was really trying his best to accommodate us. While it wasnt the best service Ive experienced, he did get us everything we needed and was very polite. The food was amazing. French onion soup was GREAT...and although my go-to french onion soup is at Morton's, Bobby Vans is a pretty solid second. The bread was also perfect! Nice and hot, served with a dainty butter dish with a tiny paper doiley over it. I almost always order a hamburger at other bobby vans locations- but this time i ordered fish and chips. The portions were large and the food was nice and hot when it was given to us. French fries were perfect, fish was crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, presentation was even better (when I am compelled to take a photo of my food, you know it looks good!). You could tell that the chef really knows what hes doing. If I were to return to Bobby Vans I would definitely order fish and chips again, although i am sure everything there is great. My boyfriend ordered ribs and although I didnt get a bite of them, he seemed very pleased. After ordering two or 3 drinks, our bill was higher than I would have liked (I was expecting to spend less than what I do at the Palm) so I am thankful that we had the living social. The prices may be too high, but on the other hand, they do give you a LOT of food, so I suppose it's worth it. The only thing I would do differently next time is to be seated in a quiet location. The main dining room was very loud as there were many businessmen dining with coworkers around us. Again- I love this restaurant and would recommend it to anyone who wants a consistently delicious meal. You wont be disappointed!

• Visited December 2012
new york
“carnivore's delight”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

The steaks are great, but i found the sides even better. Make sure you get the garlicky mushrooms and the smooth creamed spinach. The chocolate cake should be illegal.

Visited December 2012
Los Altos, California
“Excellent food - wow!”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

This place was recommended by the concierge at our hotel and it was great! Our server was also very friendly and knowledgeable and probably the best server we've ever had at a restaurant. I had the steak oscar with fresh crag on top with asparagus and hollandaise sauce and it was wonderful! The wine selection is also very good! It's very expensive here but the food is worth it, especially for a special occasion.

Visited November 2012