“The Sandwich Masterpiece”

Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Dining options: Takeout
Neighborhood: Georgetown
Reviewed November 29, 2011

The Chicken Madness is without question the greatest sandwich ever, anywhere. My senior year at Georgetown, over a decade ago, I started to realize that I would be leaving DC and so I began ordering them like a maniac. Every time I'm back Wisey's is my first (and last) stop.

Had a friend going to a transatlantic conference pick me up one a few years ago right before boarding a plane back to the UK. I wept as a ate it 10 hours later, 3700 miles from Washington. Heaven.

No trip to GU is complete without a visit to this institution.

PS: I have no idea why but it's best without bacon and with a ginger ale.

Reviewed December 19, 2009

This place is great! Sandwiches are so good! You have to get them to go as there is no seating. Sandwiches come with chips and a drink, and the price is cheap. This is the place to go for an amazing sandwich!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 13, 2009

This place is the money! Their coffee is excellent (had one every morning before class), and their sandwiches are ridiculously good (Chicken Madness!).

The only gripe I have is almost everything off their grill tastes the same...its all good though.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 15, 2008

Wisemiller's in Georgetown, next to the Tombs, makes the legendary burger madness and chicken madness. One of the best deli's on the planet. A Washington institution.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook