“Sweet service, dependable food”
Review of Le Pain Quotidien

Le Pain Quotidien
Ranked #272 of 3,229 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Belgian, European
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
nyc
“Sweet service, dependable food”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Waiters are so sweet! I sat here for hours and never got pressured to order a thing. I did anyways, because food here is delicious.

Visited May 2013

• Finnish first
Dayton, Ohio
“Try the Tartines”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

After a morining of traipsing around Central Park we went to this interesting bakery and restaurant on the upper east side. Le Pain Quotidien is open until 7:30PM and features a big communal table. Other tables available also. It was a busy place when we were there at noon. Service was understandably a tad slow but worth the wait.
Each of the 3 of us had one of the tartines, Belgian open-faced sandwiches. We had the black bean/avocado/spicy tahini and the avocado/chickpea/greens and the chicken/smoked mozzarella/arugula/pesto tartines. Each of them was quite delicious. Our bill for lunch not including drinks and taxes was $34.50 for the 3 of us. $ 50 total. We would definitely eat here again.

• Visited May 2013
“If I could give more stars I would!!!!!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I came here with my family for breakfast on a Sunday morning and it was amazing! I have two little ones and they both enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. A truly unique dining experience and amazing service and the absolute best brunch food ever!!!! We would have love to eat lunch there too, but had prior arrangements. The food portions were quit large, the food was of the best quality and every aspect of this place was five star!!!!! We took home a baguette and the house jams to enjoy as well. Both were the best we have ever had. Amazing quality and perfect place! Will definitely be our first place back when we visit again!!!! Thank you!

Charleston, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“HORRIBLE SERVICE/Good Food”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I went here for the first time a month ago. When we eventually got our food it was excellent! But then we sat there...and sat there...and when our waiter finally showed up (20 minutes later!), he apologized because he had just got in an argument with his manager and lost track. Huh?

I decided to give the place another shot, this morning. I ordered coffee and an omelet with a scone. 15 minutes later, still no coffee. I don't work in the food industry anymore but I do know the cardinal rule for greeting guests is to welcome them within a minute or two of sitting down and get them their drinks in a timely manner! I had to go find a different waitress to ask for it, she brought it to me but then when I went to pour it, it was from a bum spout and poured all over the table! After establishing that I WAS NOT IN THE TWILIGHT ZONE...I left my table. I spoke with the manager (very nice lady) and she said this location was in trouble and she was trying to help and appreciated my feedback. She offered me breakfast. I told her thank you but I declined. This was not the intent of my complaint to her.
ALL of the servers need to be retrained. None of them (not one) seems to know how to treat a customer.

1 Thank JJIH_2009
United Kingdom
“Pretentious but good quality”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

If you're allergic to yuppy coolness take your antihistamines. Full of wannabes and shouldabeens. sunday brunch particularly irritating. Nevertheless good breakfasts with excellent choices and sound ingredients. Sometimes squirrelly service.

Visited April 2013