“Tasty, Highly Affordable and Delicious! ”
Review of Nando's

Nando's
Ranked #160 of 3,229 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: African, International
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
“Tasty, Highly Affordable and Delicious! ”
Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

I first had Nando's Peri-Peri few years back in Africa. When I traveled to Washington DC I was so excited to find this delicious cuisine again. I ate their hot peri-peri wings, which were flavorful and had tremendous kick! My husband enjoyed 1/4 chicken, his had a bit less kick but he enjoyed it thoroughly. My kids are not big on spicy food so they both got Caesar salads with mild Nando's chicken.... While they did not comment they both ate their salads quickly cleaning their plates. The kids also enjoyed mild lemon herb wings. I also had some of their coleslaw, which was the perfect compleat to the spicy chicken. In addition, I enjoyed their spicy rice tremendously- full of flavor! All and all we spent about 50 dollars, fed the family and ended up with some left overs!!! Not bad.

• Indonesian first
Odenton, Maryland, United States
“Who knew they have a steak sandwich?”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

While perusing their (very interesting & diverse) menu, I noticed that they offer a steak sandwich in addition to their broad chicken-based cuisine. I decided to try it & was not disappointed. The steak was a flavorful & quality cut of meat. The slaw was creamy & very tasty. My wife had the couscous salad (with chicken of course) & found it to be fresh & very tasty. We shared a piece of the fudgiest chocolate cake we've ever had & it was the ultimate closer to an extremely tasty meal.

Boulder, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food, especially for spice-lovers!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

If you like fresh food, with zesty (and spicy if you so desire), this is a wonderful option! We stopped in on a weekday evening, good vibe, great food and quick service. Highly recommended!

Herndon, Virginia
“Great chicken and Sangria”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This place has great chicken. Everything we ordered was delicious. Wings spicy and medium spicy were well seasoned and flavorful, Garlic bread was crisy, Sangria iwas good, red mashed potatoes and green peas tasted good. You order the food at the counter and get your number. The servers serve your food at the table. The place is always crowded.
They have half price Sangria pichter in happy hour till 6 PM. Parking is difficult near china town but food is worth the effort. Very near to china town metro if you donot want/have to drive. I like the food better here compared to their Arlington location. Not in mood to type more but to highlight the good points , From their Website :
Nando’s Peri-Peri is the home of Portuguese flame-grilled PERi-PERi Chicken.
Our Chickens are:
• Only the freshest, and never frozen
• Marinated for 24 hours in our natural PERi-PERi sauce
• Grilled to order over an open flame to reduce fat content
• Basted to your taste to control the spiciness and served as you want it

New York City, New York
“great chicken”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

For years i've been hearing about Nando's from the british bloggers on youtube; so I had to try it on my trip to DC. Food was good. Chicken was well seasoned. Definitely must try the garlic bread. decent prices and good ambience at the restaurant.

Visited July 2013