“All the reviews are right on”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Nando's

Nando's
Ranked #161 of 3,196 Restaurants in Washington DC
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
“All the reviews are right on”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2011

I just arrived in Washington and had most of the day to myself before meetings started the next day. I checked Trip Advisor. I was planning on just walking around so wasn't concerned as long as the restaurant was in an interesting area. I was pleased to find the highly rated Nando's Peri Peri as I do enjoy a good chicken dinner. I was not dissapointed. This was one of the best chicken dinners I have ever had. I wanted to try one of the hotter preperations, but being out of town I figured I better be safe. I ordered the medium heat chicken (and ended up putting on a bit of hot sauce). Wow was it good!! I ordered the rice and fries for sides and both were excellent. I also tried most of the sauces. All were good. I was a little confused at first as I sat down and thought a waiter or waitress would take my order. You need to order at the counter and the food will be brought to your table.

• Visited October 2011

• Indonesian first
North Carolina
“A fun, different place to eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2011

We went to this restaurant based on TripAdvisor's reviews, and it was fabulous! The food was very good (with different flavors and spices than we usually eat), the servers were really friendly and helpful, and the decor was cool in a rustic, funky, artsy kind of way.

The veggie burger was delicious with the haloumi cheese added, and my family enjoyed the chicken in lots of forms (1/4 chicken, wings with medium sauce, and the kids' chicken strips, which aren't breaded so are healthier). The garlic bread was yummy and the fries were good (especially with the perinaise (their spiced mayo dip); the only food I didn't think was great was the coleslaw because I prefer more of a vinegar bite. The menu was really clear and explained all the options they give you, and generally, I just really liked the vibe there.

We totally recommend this restaurant - now I just want them to open one up in Raleigh where I live!!

• Visited October 2011
Maryland
“Deliciously Different”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

Nando's Peri Peri has a lot to offer and none of it is run-of-the-mill. Even the "naked" chicken has a little bite to it, but nothing that will make you gasp. Everything is delcious, fresh, and creative. The sangria comes in "jugs" that can easily be shared and are well worth the (quite reasonable) investment.

Visited August 2011
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great for what it is”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

A fun place with great value. Order at the counter and the wait staff delivers the food. Food came fast, even though they were crowded. Veggie burger and garden salad were both very good. Service was with a smile. Only issue is noise level.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Easy, convenient, very upscale feel, delicious food in a modern setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2011

This restaurant is expanding in the DC area. There is another outpost in downtown Silver Spring, which we tried last month, and we highly recommend it.

If you like hot, spicy food, go ahead and order all the way, otherwise you might want to calibrate to the middle range on your first visit. The sauces are available so you can bring up the hotness if you like.

Great seating, lighting, bathrooms, ambiance. Wonderful prices. Get the Rewards card and earn free food on repeat visits!

• Visited September 2011