“A little pricey but so good”
Review of SEI Restaurant

SEI Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
SEI Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #131 of 3,383 Restaurants in Washington DC
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: 7th & E
Transit: Navy Archives Green Line
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The food was great. The waiter boosted that they had the best sliders in town. Of course, I raised one eye brow, paused as I stared at the waiter for a moment and then ordered the Sea Bass sliders. They were delicious and I have to agree with the waiter.
Nice cocktails nice ambiance....I went on a Saturday night just before a sporting event at the Verizon Center. It was a full house so the service slowed down some toward the end of my meal but the waiter was gracious and helpful.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Our group of four had a lovely dinner at SEI during restaurant week. There were excellent selections for each course. The tuna roll appetizer was absolutely scrumptious. For the main course, the sea bass seemed to be the best choice. We had a gracious and helpful wait person who recommended a perfect sake for our meal. And, the meal came to a wonderful close with the fabulous miso bread pudding and chocolate cake. Looking forward to another visit to SEI.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I met two friends here for dinner on a fairly busy night. I got there first and went to the bar area to sample one of their signature cocktails, which was delicious and on special for happy hour. My friends joined a little bit late, so the manager politely asked us if we were ready to be seated as we started to chat. We moved to our table and began our ordering process.

We tried many of the small plates and shared everything. The wasabi guacamole was delicious, packing just the right amount of heat, and the fatty tuna was unbelievably good. The price tag on the tuna might make you balk, but if you're willing to part with a few extra dollars, I promise it's worth it. Another standout was the fois gras sushi.

We ate, relaxed, ordered a bottle of wine, and were never rushed. As we progressed through the meal, staff repeatedly rearranged the dishes and elements on the table to maintain the aesthetic they were striving for, somehow managing to avoid being intrusive. To top it all off, the manager must have heard us talking about my friends celebrating their tenth anniversary of living in D.C., because she came over with a complimentary round of champagne and invited us back. A lovely experience from start to finish.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Not worth the money, and to be honest....the food was just OK. We wouldn't return. We are sushi people, but this was just "acceptable" and with hefty price tag to boot.

1  Thank galofmanycities
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Happy hour is worth checking out. Be aware it is only available at the bar on the right side of the restaurant. A few unique items on the food menu. The Liquid Wasabi cocktail has the right amount of heat.