“The most beautiful building I visited”

Library of Congress
Book In Advance
More Info
$40.00*
and up
Taste of DC Segway Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Though the Library of Congress doesn't own every book ever published, it sure has most of them, with 532 miles of shelves and 115 million items, with 7,000 added each working day.
Westminster, Colorado
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“The most beautiful building I visited”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I was amazed at the beauty of this building interior. I have been to Israel twice but the interior of this building was breath taking.

• Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Maybe the most beautiful building in the US”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

The Library of Congress may just be the most beautiful building in the US. It's at least on the list of the top 5. If you haven't been there, stop by for a free tour...no reservation required. You will see a short movie followed by a docent-led tour of the stunning building. This is a real treat!

2 Thank bauercat
Sundance Wyoming
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Go, Go, go, go go,”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I can't say it enough.....you need to go. This is about the last place I would have gone and it was one of my favorites. The building is so beautiful and the tour was awesome. The passion of the librarian that gave us the tour was infectious.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Michael C
Uttoxeter, United Kingdom
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Needs a visit”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

This building needs to be seen for its construction, and artistic ornamentation. The books and it's archive are somewhat secondary. We also saw the Bob Hope display... 10 min of light entertainment by a patriot!

North Little Rock, Arkansas
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Large Library”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I poked my head in the here mostly to say that I've been there. I walked around the building and there's a lot here but I didn't get to explore as much as I wanted because there is so much. It's not like a typical library, but more like a research library like at a university. There are exhibits here. Don't think that you can just go pick up old classics here. You'll have to get special permission.

Visited December 2012