“Spent Two days of my vacation here”

Library of Congress
Private Moonlight DC City Tour by Van
$156.00*
Four Hour Private DC Highlight Tour by Van
More attraction details
Owner description: Though the Library of Congress doesn't own every book ever published, it sure has most of them, with 532 miles of shelves and 115 million items, with 7,000 added each working day.
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Phenomenal experience, so much to learn. Did the guided tour and learn a great deal, then got my readers card and came back the next day for the exhibits and the young readers room for the kids. Still have more to do but not enough time!

3  Thank V4VALOR
Write a ReviewReviews (7,585)

Reviewed February 26, 2013

A wide variety of exhibits so there is something for everyone. I do wish they did a better job lighting the display cases - I had a hard time reading some of the items in the cases.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband and I toured this very quickly, but it is worth a stop just to see the amazing architecture and design in the building.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

At the end of my tour of the Capital, I saw a sign for the tunnel to the Library of Congress, so I decided to explore. Where the tunnel ended in the Library was the beginning of the Library tour! I highly recommend taking the tour – the guides are very informative and otherwise you may miss some of the architectural details and history. I loved the main reading room and the great hall, as well as the important bible collection and civil war history. I would suggest that you take the time to get the readers card so that you can explore the research areas of the library. The card is free, see http://www.loc.gov/rr/readerregistration.html for instructions.

1  Thank surfinginflorida
Reviewed February 25, 2013

It has to be visit. Wonderful building and nice guides. If you make a reservation it is better, otherwise you have to wait about an hour.