“Must see”

Book In Advance
More Info
$125.00*
and up
Viator VIP: Best of DC Including US Capitol and National Archives Reserved...
Ranked #28 of 430 things to do in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: Repository where the most important historical documents of the United States are held, such as the original Declaration of Independence, Bill of Rights, Constitution and the 1297 version of the Magna Carta.
Irvine, California
“Must see”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

I can't say enough about The National Archives. To see the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence was such a privilege. The other exhibits were amazing as well. I wish I could have spent more time there. It is a must see in DC.

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Pikeville, Kentucky
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“If you want to know America....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

I was visiting D.C. for the third time in May. My friend and I were walking down the street and we seen a building that looked as if it would be something we would be interested in touring. We quickly learned this was The United States National Archives. The National Archive has quickly became my favorite D.C. attraction. On my next visit I plan on devoting an entire day to the National Archives. If you can only see the Constitution then it's worth visiting.

However there is so much more to see. The exhibits are as diverse as Richard Nixon's FBI application to Al Capone's draft card. As my title says, if you want to learn America, visit The United States National Archives.

Oklahoma
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Part of Our History”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

We, along with our children, wanted to take time to see important parts of History that helped to shape our country. The tour is free and worth the time. There are a lot of good exhibits. Our main reason for stopping here was to see our country's Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights. Such an awesome piece of history for us to see with our children. We spent about a little over an hour touring this building. You can take a guided tour, but we didn't. We felt we saw all we needed and the exhibits were self-explanatory and easy to follow.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank 6edith7
Toronto, Canada
128 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 323 helpful votes
“Three major historical documents”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

Doesn’t sound like a very interesting tourist site, yet there’s always a lineup of people. No, they’re not all browsing their genealogy. The interest is primarily in three documents: one of the original copies of the Magna Carta, the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. There are other major documents on display as well, plus exhibits

Visited April 2014
Brookline, Massachusetts
116 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 163 helpful votes
“Check for special exhibits”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

A few days before our arrival in Washington, I read about "Making their mark: stories through signatures," a collection of signatures that tell our story. We waited in line for about 30 minutes with dozens of school students from Wisconsin and Florida, part of the Washington visitor experience. From John Hancock to John Wilkes Booth to Johnny Cash, we found the solemn and the whimsical. It is a great expression of life in America these few hundred years. Children accompanied by adults providing interpretation will appreciate. On view through early January 2015. I hope to revisit as I really enjoyed it.

Easily accessible by Metro and bus.