“Relaxing way to spend an evening”

Capital Yacht Charters
Reviewed April 2, 2012

We booked the Moonlight and Monuments tour they featured through Groupon. We were visiting DC from Oregon so were looking for a relaxing way to see some city sights.

We were a little concerned reading some of the reviews, but we had no issues. They had quite a list of passengers but check in for us was a little quicker as we were the only ones with an Oregon area code.

We sailed on Virginia's Jewel and it was very clean and nice inside, when we boarded the upper deck was full so we were on the lower deck. Which was still very nice. The bathrooms were very clean and the overall experience was positive.

Our only complaint would be that they did not tell you what you were seeing, so being from out of town it would've been nice for them to point things out along the way.

Overall it was a nice way to relax after a day of walking around the city. I also did not care for their crabcakes.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

Beautiful, scenic cruise from Washington Marina on the Potomac along National Park and the Tidal Basin provided an incredible view of the cherry blossoms and so many D. C. attractions. We took a 90-minute cruise on The Pelican which accommodates 30 people during the cherry blossom event and we were lucky enough to have only 14 people onboard with plenty of room to roam about the yacht. It was exhilarating standing on deck in the fresh air and taking in all the scenery. The crew was amazing. I will definitely take this cruise again!

2  Thank NinaRobert
Reviewed January 26, 2012

They were very helpful in every way and listened to all my concerns regarding planning an office party for the first time, especially Chris and Deborah. They were both extremely easy to get a hold of and very friendly.

The boat itself had a great speakeasy feel and great staff. We went in the winter, so it was cold, but the staff was very helpful changing the temperature inside the boat to fit our needs. They let me play my own playlist from my ipod that plugged into their system, which was great. The food was wonderful, and great wine at the bar. Overall, a wonderful experience!

1  Thank melovebug
Reviewed January 24, 2012

The company I work for rented the Virginia Jewel for to enjoy and celebrate our hard work and I have to say it was fun. The food was great and the views where very pretty. Capital Yacht Charters has some other bad reviews but for us they did a really good job. Thanks.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 17, 2011

We bought a ticket through Living Social (an $80 ticket, discounted to $40). The cruise along the Potomac was nice, however the food was terrible. The 'Beer & Brats Cruise' included tickets for several varieties of beer (all good); however the food was cold and mediocre at best. There was only one bratwurst and rest was a variety of mediocre "local sausages". They were unflavorfull and cold when served. The "HOT German potatoe salad" was ice cold. There was a 'bait and switch' in that the yacht that was advertised was substituted with an older and smaller boat. The decor was quite cheesy. In all, I would have been extremely irritated if I had paid full price for this experience. We enjoyed an evening on the Potomac River, however the food left a lot to be desired. I would not recommend this for out-of-town tourists as there was never a description about the various monuments and landmarks that you can see on the banks of the river.