Ways to Experience White House
7 Reviews
from $35.00
from $13.50
5,066 results
All reviews secret service months in advance east room south lawn state dining room green room self guided tour china room take pictures iconic building once in a lifetime answer questions pennsylvania avenue bucket list security check visitor center both sides
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

I’m rather surprised at all of the positive reviews. Maybe I just went on a bad day. I’m usually pretty easy to please. It took about 45 minutes just to get cleared to enter the house. With all of that security one would think that you would be seeing a lot of the house. We were herded, shoulder to shoulder, throughl a few rooms. We were standing without moving longer than we were actually walking and touring. I was in the middle of the pack so it was hard to see the rooms. Then the “tour” ended with everyone waiting in line to take a picture by the flag. Really? The best part was exiting the house because the back lawn is so pretty and we were out of the crowd. You could literally walk through the house without a crowd in 10 minutes. I was really disappointed. Sorry... wish I had a better review.

Reviewed 2 days ago

They have dozens of law enforcement and secret service on both sides of the W.H.. The walk ways on the side, toward the National Mall, are blocked off so you need to walk to the end of the street to get around it. There is an ocean of selfie photo takers at both the front and back gates. The street in front of the W.H. is blocked off to through traffic. From the front, you can get a nice picture of yourself with the W.H. in the back without standing at the gate with the mobs of people and their selfie sticks.

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

So happy we got to see the Whitehouse. I was expecting it to be a lot bigger ! Unbelievable how’s its just there in the middle of normal life and random buildings. Lots of protesters around (of course) !
We were too late to apply for a tour but that would’ve been a great experience !

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Julie and I were astounded by the historic grandeur and lavish splendor of our self-guided tour of The White House.
Contact your local congress or senate member for tickets about a month or so before your visit.
A definite educational thrill and honor to see The People’s House and feel our American experience.

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

Make time to visit the White House during my trip to Washington DC, as arguably it is one of the most famous buildings in the world. But tourist can only see from outside of the fence. I was told that one can actually go inside, but have to book weeks in advance. When I arrived there, there are a lot of people taking picture in front of the premise. Across the White House there is a nice public park with benches & beautiful statues. In the fall, its bright-coloured trees look beautiful.

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

Really dissapointed it was hard to get q good view from either the front or back.Being British you are not able to do the White House tour as its only American Citizens

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

Can book to visit but all visits had been cancelled on day i was there.
Interesting to walk around outside bug cant get close

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

This must be arguably the most popular building in the entire world.. though tourist are shown mostly from the Mall area, the view from the backside is even better as u get to see the lawns and the oval office side.. I was lucky to see it with a local friend there..

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

My friends and I recently took the White House tour and it was fabulous. The tour is free but you must plan AHEAD and get your tickets months in advance. You have to pass a very easy background search but the tour is wonderful and worth all the effort. It is a self-guided tour and you can take all the time that you want while inside the White House.

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

After having visited huge monuments, memorial places in Washington, the WH seems like a miniature house. I thought, it would be bigger but no. There was only twenty-ish people before it, taking pictures with the secret service's cars. It seemed that the secret service's cars attracted more attention than the WH.

Although, I liked the b-detector dog, he/she was cute.