“Nice place of a cup of coffee”

National Building Museum
Book In Advance
More Info
$75.00*
and up
Dynamite Day Tour: Small Group DC Bus Tour
Ranked #74 of 450 things to do in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: The National Building Museum tells the stories of the world we design and build. We’re one of the most family-friendly, awe-inspiring spots in Washington, D.C. The Museum offers something for everyone, from children to design buffs to building professionals. Learn about the Museum’s historic home during a free docent-led tour, offered daily. Docents also lead tours of exhibitions. Our 75-foot Corinthian columns are the country’s tallest.
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Not a very interesting museum but a great building with loads of history. There were only a few exhibits here that we're interesting to me but I loved the expansive lobby of this building.The massive hall that you enter into is worth the trip.The exhibits were fair at best.If your from California there is one that you may find of interest. And there is a fee to see the exhibits but not to enjoy the buildings lobby. Go on in to get out of the cold and enjoy a cup of coffee,

1  Thank vetgirl69
There are newer reviews for National Building Museum

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Having lived in DC a couple of times in the past 25 years, I was surprised when my husband and son put it on the "to see" list on a recent school break trip because I had no been aware of it. Since it was in the general vicinity of some other things we were intending to do, I acquiesced. So glad we visited. I think it is the most grand constructed space I have been in this side of the Atlantic. So beautiful inside, and the building is fascinating for architecture fans and history buffs alike.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We went to the National Building Museum in Washington with our 15 month old granddaughter and she had a blast ! Absolutely wonderful play areas (2 of them) where young children can play in large play areas with very creative activities (self determined - kids do what they want) and excellent monitoring by staff and parents (very easy for parents). BTW, the building itself is amazing inside for adults, plus there is a small cafe there if you get hungry. Definitely a great place to go in the winter, or rainy day (can get crowded), or actually -- anytime with a young child. We will go back with our granddaughter again !

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Just a great building, more than a museum. It was a short visit. The exhibits were ok, but they would not hold my mother's attention. We enjoyed it for what it was. And that was enough.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

I was surprised, after having lived here for nearly 30 years to learn of the existence of this museum. So I went to see it and enjoyed my visit thoroughly. Anyone interested in building architecture in the United States as well as those just interested in American history, would enjoy the exhibits in this museum. This is a great place to take people visiting Washington, DC, who have already been to all the usual tourist destinations. And it's free!!