“Closest pho to my university!”
Review of Froggy Bottom Pub - CLOSED

Froggy Bottom Pub
Cuisines: Pub, Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The restaurant moved to a new place with more tables and food. I love pho most. The soup is good, but not as good as Pho 75.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

My children attend the GWU in the heart of DC. I love going to visit them and taking them to a place where, for a great price, the food is great and I feel completely welcome!
Let's start with some history...Froggy was a restaurant on i believe on Penn ave, yes, same as the white house. After many years of serving the students, The university decided they need the space to renovate. So, Froggy moved over to K street. The place is beautiful! (compared to what it was before!!) the menu has changed slightly. Prices are a bit more with the better location.
Secret--ask for the Vietnamese Pho (noodle soup). Also, the Vietnamese Spring rolls bring me back to my childhood, it's that good. (yes I too am Vietnamese, which lends me to be somewhat of an expert in Vietnamese Cuisine)
so EATWHATSGREAT!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We have travelled to Washington, D.C. Previously, and visited froggy bottom before it moved. I was looking forward to the friendly college clientele , and was a bit disappointed when it had gone up market and lost the old crowd. Food still reasonable, especially the steak, and the pitcher of beer still slips done nicely after a long hot day. Lost its magic though.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We've eaten at the old location (on Pennsylvania Ave) several times and always enjoyed the experience. Our first visit to the new location wasn't so positive. The service was slow throughout--a long time to order, a long time for drinks to arrive, and a particularly long time for food to arrive. In addition, the restaurant and bar now are part of one large room, separately by a half wall. The noise from the bar was overpowering; we could hear each other only with great difficulty. There was a large group at the bar and that no doubt contributed to the noise level. I would go back but if the next experience was the same, I'd scratch this from my list of "go-to" restaurants in the DC area.

Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

We were seated, waitress took our drink order. Never saw waitress again. 2 tables next to us had drinks delivered to their tables and orders taken! We decided to leave! Don't recommend at all!