“Burned pasta! Really?”

Good for: Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Connecticut Ave/ K Street
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We like pasta and like the whole concept of Vapiano, but you are at the mercy of some people who just don't care. I watched as the cook tried to prepare two pastas at the same time, but her attention was on the first for so long that by the time she got to the second the sausage was clearly burned when she stirred it. She must not have seen it because she blithely continued as if all was fine. A bit crunchy, but edible, I suppose it is fast food in a way, so maybe I'm too picky. Give it a try for fast pasta a cut above the average pizza place, but don't expect gourmet.

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

We loved this place. The food is prepared right in front of you. It is extremely fresh and customizable. Everything we had was great, both pasta and pizza. You want a good, filling, fresh meal? Stop by Vapino, you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Have been to this place multiple times and enjoyed my pasta,salad each time. The staff is very friendly. The pastas are really delicious and you can always regulate the spiceness of your meal, i dont like their tomato soup and that's it. Try the tiramisu and cappuchino too. It is mostly crowded during the lunch time. You can order online and come and take away.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Vapiano is well situated for my business trip to this corner of D.C. I've only had lunch here but it looks like after work drinks might be a thing to do on another visit. My visits have been for lunch and I've not been disappointed. Upon entry you're issued what looks like a credit card, which you swipe at food stations along the way. You queue up for your meal at salad or pasta stations and watch as other patrons select their dishes from a preset menu for the day. You can choose from several pastas. I had Pasta Ratatouille one day and Risotto Gunghi another day. Both were excellent. It is a short order restaurant if you will. Your food is fresh from the moment you request it, and cooked hot and delivered immediately to you. It appears they have a take out crowd, but to eat it hot as it should be, sit down at one of the many tables. The tables tend to be high and with bar stools, which is my only ping with Vapiano. I would prefer more tables with chairs, for a more comfortable experience. But this experience far surpasses the usual fast food at lunch experience, so I can take the bar stools.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I apparently can't pull up the China town location on TripAdvisor as other users have indicated...so here goes!

Fresh italian food with a twist. This place has a unique concept as others have mentioned. Walk in, pick up cards for each person in your party, queue up at your desired station (salad, pasta, pizza, etc), place your custom order and watch it made in front of you, choose any seat cafeteria style, enjoy your food, and pay on your way out with the cards.

The kids in our party loved it. The idea of getting their own card and ordering their own menu from the different stations captivated them. I can't say their enthusiam remained when it came time to pay though...it seemd they were only interested in the candy they offer at the front counter! I'm not going to lie, the adults in our party that haven't been here before loved it too!

I've been here multiple times and enjoyed everything I ordered from pizzas, salads, and pasta. The food can be very cheap to moderately pricey for what it is as you add in meats and toppings. This place puts a modern twist to cafeteria style dining you would expect to find on a college campus.