“Single best breakfast experience ever”
Review of ICI Urban Bistro

ICI Urban Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
ICI Urban Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #379 of 3,283 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Cross street: 15th St. & H St.
Transit: Mc Pherson square station (orange & blue line)
Description: Both iCi Urban Bistro and Le Bar are as vibrant and cosmopolitan as the District itself. Located one block from Lafayette Square and the White House, The Smithsonian, and other renowned museums and monuments, the Bistro holds its own among the trendy Washington DC list of "places to be seen". The dynamic space welcomes guests with cool, modern ambiance and exciting innovations on traditional French cuisine. You won’t find a more desirable place for business meetings, special occasions, or dinners with friends. There is even a private dining area that accomodates up to 25 people.
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Breakfast is my favorite meal, and I have pretty high standards when it comes to restaurant meals. With that said, this was hands down the best breakfast I've ever eaten. Our party sampled omelettes, breads, crepes, and French toast. Perfect presentation, attentive service, and most importantly fabulous food. Outstanding

2  Thank Knkboz
Anna Chaley C, Guest Relations Manager at ICI Urban Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience and for choosing iCI Urban Bistro. It is no secret how important breakfast is to start out the day, and I couldn't agree with you more that iCi offers an incredible selection of a la carte options to choose from. The complimentary vienoiserrie, or bread and pastry basket, is an added bonus, as is the sample of fruit smoothie, made fresh each morning. I hope you will be back again soon, I promise our delicious breakfast will still be here to wake you up each day!

There are newer reviews for ICI Urban Bistro

Reviewed May 1, 2013

After eating in noisy crowed DC restaurants, it was a pleasure to have dinner here. The staff is wonderful and make you feel welcome; some actually speak French and others know enough French to greet you and make the evening enjoyable like being in a French restaurant. The food is outstanding! A basket of fresh baked breads (the waiter took time to tell us about the breads and that they are baked about an hour or two before dinner). The wine selections by the glass and bottle are excellent and again our waiter took the time to properly recommend one which was in lieu of one we almost picked on our own. His recommendation was great. Being a fan of risotto my wife and I opted for the special which had sea bass over the risotto. It was rich and delicious. When we asked the waiter what made it so rich he explained the chef uses a special Italian olive oil. The expresso and cappuccino were really good and the complimentary homemade mini macaroons were yummy. When you cannot go to France, eat at ICI Urban Bisto because it is like eating abroad.

2  Thank Foodie806

Merci beaucoup! Thank you for your thorough feedback, I am happy to know you had such a lovely experience with us. Chef Loquet creates a beautiful balance oftraditional French cuisine with a contemporary American twist. We hope to be your restaurant destination of choice on your next visit to the Nation's Capital!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

We were staying at the Sofitel Lafayette and as the hotel restaurant had good reviews and was very convenient, we went there for dinner our first night. Our meals were good, but for the prices we paid, they should have been outstanding. My escargot was essentially flavorless and the same for the halibut I and another guest had. My husband said his steak was good, but no raves. I forget what the other person in our party had, but no raves. The best thing about the meal was the basket of delicious breads, but for these prices you want a bit more than great breads. Our creme brulee was delicious. In all a very mixed review.

The next day, as it was very convenient and it was only lunch, my husband and I dined at ICI again. Our lunches were superb! My husband enjoyed an excellent chicken Cobb salad. I had the bistro 30 minute lunch which included small portions of French onion soup, mushroom chicken crepes, duck confit and a baba rhum. Every part of my lunch was wonderfully flavored. A different chef? I don't know, but lunch was a far superior experience. Plus, we were able to sit outside in the restaurant's walled off terrace, by the street, on a beautiful Spring day and watch the world stroll by. Three stars for dinner and five stars for lunch...that averages out to four.

1  Thank Niamb

Thank you for choosing Sofitel and iCi Urban Bistro in Washington D.C. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback, and take it seriously. I can assure you that our Executive Chef is in charge of all meals served in our outlets, so I am disappointed to hear that your dinner experience did not live up to your expectations as did your lunch the following day. I am confident that on your next visit, you will have a different experience, as we strive to provide consistent and quality service and cuisine to our guests for every meal.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Food, wine, and service were all top notch at ICI. The Cherry Blossom menu was great and the restaurant was very child friendly for my 6 year old.
The pork, duck, and lamb shank were delicious and the cheese course was great.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Cozy little restaurant in the Sofitel. The wait staff was friendly and helpful. The drinks were delicious. The other patrons were also friendly and nice when you were in there. Just lucky that night.