“very nice tacos and salads; the price is right”

Chipotle Mexican Grill
Ranked #550 of 3,300 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This is a Chipotle on the next corner to where we stay in DC. The food is up to snuff, with excellent tacos on soft or crisp tortillas, and good fillings, including steak, barbacoa, which is stewed shredded spicy beef, and pork. Salads are nifty, and can have anything you want on them. The attraction of this chain is that they use organic and locally sourced ingredients and the food shows it. The service was brisk and pleasant. They could use some desserts.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I gave this restaurant an average because of the service! While the service was fast at this location it was rather rude. The biggest problem coming at the cash register, when I could not understand what she was saying she just gave me my total! Then when I asked about the chips she rolled her eyes and said something in Spanish to the other girl and they laughed!

Paid for the food, took it back to my hotel! The burrito is enormous, the size width of a 22oz drink if not bigger. They do not skimp on the filling either. If you are not familiar with the setup it is much like Subway; you go down the line making your tacos, burritos, bowls, etc...

The location is great if you are staying at either the Marriott or the Omni it is just blocks from either! I visited at 2:30 and it was still very busy but got in and out quickly!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I wasn't sure what to expect but was pleasantly surprised. If you want a quick, delicious, Mexican snack then go to Chipotle. You select your fillings and your tacos, burrito or whatever you order is made in front of you. A friendly atmosphere and great food.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We ate lunch here when we noticed it on our way to the Zoo after getting off the Trolley Tour. We liked how you can customize your meal, see the fresh ingredients going into it, and that they gave you plenty of food at reasonable prices. Best of all, the food was delicious and fast!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Very tasty. Got the chicken bowl. Disappointed that guacomole is an extra $2.20 as a topper, but its DC there is an extra charge for everything. Not every kid friendly though.