“Local cafe”

Tryst Coffee House and Bar
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Adams Morgan
Smithfield, North Carolina
“Local cafe”
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Lively atmosphere and good coffee and deserts. Free wifi and lots of comfortable seating. Good place for friends to meet and socialize.

Boston, Massachusetts
“The Bar Has Been Set”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I frequented Tryst just about every other day when I lived in Washington DC for 6 six. When I first went, you could still smoke indoors at restaurants and bars. So I would hole up on one of their tattered grandma sofas for a couple of hours and read and drink coffee. Since then, I kept coming back because there's isn't a better coffee house in DC or just about anywhere. The drinks are excellent. The servers are appropriately rude. No two sofas match. It's ageless, yet somehow always current. I love it and miss it.

• Visited December 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Bourbon Pecan and Kentucky Derby pie? Out of this world”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

The 2 pies I've mentioned is a must try. Cozy, chic cofee place compared to your standard Starbucks. Good music.

Visited December 2013
Pennsylvania
“Nice neighborhood coffee house”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Stopped here to do some work the first day of a DC trip. Wifi took awhile to log on, but worked relatively well for email and browsing.
I ordered a chai, and it was delicious--great tea, honey, and milk ratio. I also ordered the hummus plate -- plenty of pita, veggies, and hummus for 2-3 people -- and a grilled cheese sandwich (comfort food for sure).
This place does get crowded, and while sitting there I appreciated that the wait staff does not rush you out in any way. At the same time, that means I sat there for 3 hours working and held up a table. It can be tough to find a seat.

• Visited November 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Great cup of coffee”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We ate/ drank here more than once on our trip to DC. The coffee was really good, I had a mocha and it was delicious (I am sorta a coffee snob). Also, we had assorted pastries the few times we went there and they were all really good. I will say that the fruit danish was my favorite. The place is sorta packed so get in close to your neighbor. Most everyone was really nice and once served, the food is really good as well. The only reason I knocked it from a 5 to a 4 is that it can take some time to get either seated or to get your order taken. If your looking for a relaxing day at a coffee house in a funky spot this is your place.

• Visited August 2013