“Great place for drinks and dessert”

Tryst Coffee House and Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: Adams Morgan
Caracas, Venezuela
“Great place for drinks and dessert”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

The ambiance is great, filled with young adults, studying or working on their laptops (plugs everywhere). Something like Central Perk from Friends with large couches to relax on and large tables. Seating can be very tricky but it is worth it. We went for drinks and dessert, both really good. The food looked great. The staff was super friendly and very attentive, specially since I left my sunglasses in the bathroom and came back 2 minutes later.... gone. So please don't leave your belongings behind

Visited November 2012

Front Royal, Virginia
“I love this place!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I were recently visiting some friends in the area and they brought us here for breakfast one morning. They were raving about the place and I have to say we weren't disappointed! The Santa Cruz bagel is delicious! The coffee and tea are pretty fabulous as well. The atmosphere is very cozy and welcoming and the prices are VERY reasonable. If you are in the area I would definitely recommend checking this place out!

• Visited July 2013
Maryland
“A real coffee house for real people”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I go to Tryst when ever I am in DC which is often. I discovered it by accident with an old friend about 8 years ago. We were in DC for the day roaming around Adams Morgan (my favorite part of DC) looking for a place to grab a quick bite, we ended up staying almost the entire day.

Tryst is a local spot that is authentic to the city. It's not a chain. The furniture is mis-matched tables, couches, and large chairs. The entire front of the building opens to the street (as many places do in DC). The vibe is exactly what you would want when your kicking back with some good friends or a good book. The staff is friendly and they don't care how long you stay. Later it turns from a coffee house to a late night spot that is just as fantastic.

The coffee is good and the food is good which is the topper to this truly beautiful Washington DC treasure.

• Visited August 2012
Richmond, Virginia
“A great find.”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Tryst is a great spot to hang out whether you're with a group or just yourself, working or just pretending to work. I love their eclectic furnishings and how the space can open to the outdoors on beautiful spring and fall days. It can and does get very busy, so that can be a downside, especially since some folks may be curled up with a laptop for the rest of the day. It's definitely hard to judge when a space may open up. While I've had issues with service here in the past -- it is a coffee shop and the servers are not only busy but they also try to judge whether you've come to hang out for a few hours or want to leave when your food/drink is gone -- it was very attentive on my last Sunday brunch visit. The food is always great, and if it doesn't have to be cooked, it may come out in just a minute or two after ordering.

• Visited April 2013
“Excelent place for beakfast and brunch”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We go back everytime for breakfast and brunch and we enjoy it so much.
Food , atmosphere and service is perfect

• Visited May 2013