“Must See in DC!”

Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour of Washington DC: Monuments, Landmarks and Memorials
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Find out for yourself why everyone is calling the Newseum the best experience Washington, D.C. has to offer. Each of the seven levels in this magnificent building is packed with interactive exhibits that explore free expression and the five freedoms of the First Amendment: religion, speech, press, assembly and petition. Whether you have just a few hours or want to spend all day, you'll find something for everyone in the family in the Newseum's 15 theaters and 15 galleries.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed August 16, 2010

We could have spent DAYS at the Newseum! Whatever interests you , they have it! Sports, entertainment, news, fun stuff...the 9-11 exhibit is moving. The observation deck offers the best view of the city! Great fun time for all ages...

Reviewed August 14, 2010

The best museum I've ever been to! It's fun and interactive, very interesting and actual! I like museums but I get tired quite quickly. Here I came twice, and still didn't have time to stay as long as I wanted! I will definitly come again as soon as I can! Although it's 20$ for an adult, it's REALLY worth it (and it limits the number of persons inside!) Also, you can keep the ticket for the next day. So I would start with this museum and then do the other ones that are free. I went with my father and 18 year old brother, and we all agreed it was the best attraction on DC

1  Thank nshlesinger
Reviewed August 13, 2010

From the Berlin Wall to Pulitzer Prize Photos to Elvis to doing live broadcasts, we had a memorable day. We did not find a dull moment or a boring exhibit. We were in awe looking at newspapers from some of the most important events in world history. We enjoyed this museum thoroughly from the bottom floor to the top floor. We spent about 4-1/2 hours here. Food court had many different food options including a very, nice salad bar. The 9-11 exhibit will bring you to tears, guaranteed. Museum provides tissues. Easy walk from the Metro or Union Station. Across the street from the National Gallery of Art and next to the Canadian Embassy.

1  Thank Fungaw55
Reviewed August 11, 2010

The Newseum in Washington DC is one of the best places I've been to learn about history. I enjoyed seeing the actual pages of U.S. History's biggest events, along with all of the special displays. Seeing these items allows you to take a history of your life and see the events that shaped the times we've lived in. I only spent three hours there, and could have spent an entire day. They had a great combo ticket where you got admission to the Newseum along with an excellent lunch at the Wolfgang Puck restaurant next door for $35. I will look forward to visiting the Newseum on future trips to DC.

1  Thank DSJSJCA
Reviewed August 8, 2010

My sister and I visited the Newseum and it was entertaining and quite moving sometimes. It has the big events of our lives, in vivid reality. Also, this summer they are admitting kids free and my 8 year old got a lot out of it. The cafe is very good too.

1  Thank nova81

Been to Newseum? Share your experiences!