“Great Museum!”

Admission to Washington DC Newseum
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Find out for yourself why everyone is calling the Newseum the best experience Washington, D.C. has to offer. Each of the seven levels in this magnificent building is packed with interactive exhibits that explore free expression and the five freedoms of the First Amendment: religion, speech, press, assembly and petition. Whether you have just a few hours or want to spend all day, you'll find something for everyone in the family in the Newseum's 15 theaters and 15 galleries.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Selinsgrove
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Great Museum!”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

The Newseum was definitely worth the trip. We came specifically to enjoy the last day for the JFK exhibit, and were not disappointed. Found that exhibit, as well as the 9/11, FBI, and Pulitzer Prize Photographs fantastic. Museum was very large, and we could not cover everything we wanted in one day. We were very disappointed that although you do get another day in the museum for your admission price, it does have to be consecutive. I feel that at the pricey rate of Newseum (22.95 plus tax) you should be able to use your extra day in a certain time period. My recommendation is maybe allowing you to use your extra day maybe within 6 months to a year of admittance. With all of the fantastic free museums to visit in Washington DC, I think it would be a great gesture to the patrons who do pay a fee to visit Newseum, to at least be able to get the full 2 days out of it at their leisure.

2 Thank H0llyw00dM0m

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Everett, WA
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“It's informative but pricey”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This is definitely not the old Newseum of the Rosslyn days. Very expansive with quite a few exhibits. The 9/11 gallery, today's front pages, and the terrace overlooking Penn Ave are fantastic.

Although good for 2 consecutive days, the price of admission ($22.95 if I remeber) is high and a main reason for me not giving it 4-stars.

Canberra, Australia
“One of my favourite museums”
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

First off, the size of the museum is outstanding. We spent 4 hours here and didn't even cover it all. But the tickets are valid for 2 days so we can go back. The amount and range of the exhibitions is huge and it's enough to keep you interested. For me the standout exhibit is the interactive 'be a reporter'. We had a huge laugh pretending to be news reporters and you can publish it on youtube, plus it gets shown on TVs around the museum. We refuelled at the cafe which was delicious. All in all the museum is fantastic.

Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“WOW - you have to see this”
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Now I wasn't overly excited to go I have to say, I had been told Newseum must be visited so I duly went - but this place is AMAZE BALLS! From the JFK/Jackie Kennedy contribution to the 9/11 exhibit, we spent nearly the whole day here and still there was more to see if you wanted. No wonder the ticket spans over 2 days if you wish. We were so engrossed in the exhibits we almost missed lunch, had we been 15 mins later the cafeteria would have been closed, but in fairness, it was nearly 3 pm. Some hot soup, a bread roll and a drink filled the void. There would have been a small cafe we could have purchased coffee and cake from had we missed the cafeteria so you won't starve whilst here!

The interactive exhibits are fun, certainly one young lady was busy rehearsing to be a tv reporter rather zealously, she might have been all of 9 or 10 but she certainly loved it, we took a bit more of a conservative approach and made it look like we had done interviews in front of certain landmarks, such as the white house.

Definitely don't miss this news making museum, we loved it.

Baltimore, Maryland
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Excellent High School Field Trip”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I chaperoned my son's field trip to the Newseum. I wish we had more time there because there are exhibits that are so much fun that you want to stay, there are some that are so emotionally moving that you just stop in your tracks staring (Pulitzer Prize winning photos), there are exhibits that make you think of the importance of various Amendments to the Constitution and there are others that require you to read the touch screens if you want to really learn about the important historical figures. I would highly recommend this museum. You need more than a few hours. There is a cafeteria, so if you go as a family, you can take your time and get all you can out of a day at the Newseum.

Visited September 2013

Been to Newseum? Share your experiences!