“Do not miss”

Admission to Washington DC Newseum
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Find out for yourself why everyone is calling the Newseum the best experience Washington, D.C. has to offer. Each of the seven levels in this magnificent building is packed with interactive exhibits that explore free expression and the five freedoms of the First Amendment: religion, speech, press, assembly and petition. Whether you have just a few hours or want to spend all day, you'll find something for everyone in the family in the Newseum's 15 theaters and 15 galleries.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Parsippany, New Jersey
122 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 126 helpful votes
“Do not miss”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

The Newseum is a don't miss DC attraction. Seeing the history of the media in newspaper front pages, award winning photos, photojournalism and artifacts will enthrall and entertain all visitors, young and old. The entrance fee isn't high when you think that you'll be there several hours and you may return the following day without additional charge. Go and enjoy.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
DeWitt, Michigan
192 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 166 helpful votes
“Awesome place,”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Range of emotions Happy to Sad, very moving and emotional. The set up is great, it is almost impossible to miss any exhibit. However, I did miss Tim Russert's but all I had to do was back track at the end of my visit. The Kennedy exhibit was awesome, and I enjoyed it very much. The Berlin wall was also very moving. I can't really say anything was my favorite because I liked all the exhibits I saw. I'm glad that my one day ticket lest me go back tomorrow because I am going back just to review and see if I missed anything.

1 Thank SharieN_13
Boston, Massachusetts
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great Event Space”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I was here for business and the meeting was held on the top floor (Knight conference center I think). The space was nice, a separate but connected area where the food was served. Walked outside on the roof deck to eat lunch and had some nice views of the city. Overall a nice space and interesting building. I did not have time to check out the museum itself so I can't speak to that portion.

2011 for Business

Oceanside, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fascinating Displays”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

This museum is set up to display pieces of history that were publicized in important news stories from all over the world. I was most moved by the damaged antenna from the North Tower of the World Trade Center. As a NYC employee who was there on 9/11, I can say it was a sobering moment that brought back many memories from that tragedy, but it is important to preserve and show this piece of history so that the public never forgets. The pieces of the Berlin Wall were another amazing artifact on display there. Worth every penny of the price of admission.

1 Thank Eric B
Ashburn, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“More Than We Ever Imagined”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Thankfully they automatically issue a 2 day ticket. Plan to use it! There is so much of interest to see and do. Thankfully they also have the best salad bar of any museum and it rivals the best of any nice restaurants.

1 Thank DJRAshburn_9

Been to Newseum? Share your experiences!