“Much more than news”

Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour of Washington DC: Monuments, Landmarks and Memorials
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Find out for yourself why everyone is calling the Newseum the best experience Washington, D.C. has to offer. Each of the seven levels in this magnificent building is packed with interactive exhibits that explore free expression and the five freedoms of the First Amendment: religion, speech, press, assembly and petition. Whether you have just a few hours or want to spend all day, you'll find something for everyone in the family in the Newseum's 15 theaters and 15 galleries.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I was a bit reluctant to visit the Newseum, but was accommodating my wife, a certified news junkie. To my surprise, the variety of exhibits, the visual richness, and the historical relevance more than rewarded my time. Great location adjacent to the Mall. Iconic images were frequently seen during the tour, which also includes the mangled antenna boom from atop one of the World Trade Center towers.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

It is a very interesting and informative museum. I think that the only disadvantage is that it focuses mostly on American media and not much on world media. As a visitor from another country I couldn't find much about the world's media.
The documatries we watched were excellent and very informative.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Definitely a very nice museum, with enough to keep the whole family entertained, I especially enjoyed the 9/11, and Berlin Wall gallery's. However, the $22 price of admission seems a bit excessive when pretty much every other major museum in DC has free admission.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

This museum held our attention for 3+ hours - very well done exhibits, in fact, I think it's the best museum in DC.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

OMG I've been wanting to visit Newseum for a few years now. But hadn't been able to squeeze it in during my business trips to DC. Well, this time I came up a day early just to go and it was SOOOO worth it. I love, love museums and this will go down as one of my favs. So much to learn but you don't feel like it's "learning" because it's so fun and engaging and it's about the news so there's so many different topics. Me being the sports enthusiast that I am I was most looking forward to their sports coverage but honestly felt that was more sub-par compared to some of the other exhibits. It's impossible not to be moved by the 9-11 exhibit. I actually ended up balling - just got caught up in the horrid images and thinking back to that time.

But back to a more upbeat aspect - it's just great! I was there for like 3+ hours and it didn't feel like it at all. If you have kids and want to check it out it's free for the kiddos through September 3rd I wanna say. You save 10% if you buy your ticket online. Also, you actually buy a 2-day pass with that so you can go back the following day for free if you'd like or perhaps go scout for a ticket the day before you plan to go.

Been to Newseum? Share your experiences!