“Don't miss!”

Admission to Washington DC Newseum
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Find out for yourself why everyone is calling the Newseum the best experience Washington, D.C. has to offer. Each of the seven levels in this magnificent building is packed with interactive exhibits that explore free expression and the five freedoms of the First Amendment: religion, speech, press, assembly and petition. Whether you have just a few hours or want to spend all day, you'll find something for everyone in the family in the Newseum's 15 theaters and 15 galleries.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Minneapolis
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Don't miss!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2012

This is well worth the admission price! We did the family four pack for $50. I'm surprised anyone would complain about the price - compared to a day at a cheesy amusement park or skiing or even just going to a movie, this is a deal.

My kids, 12, 11, and 8, were mesmerized. We arrived about 3:00 so our tickets were actually good for the next day as well. I was amazed at the artifacts they have and how many big events my kids learned about in such a short time.

An absolute gem, and since so much in this town is free, well worth the very reasonable price.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Houston, TX
“History and photographs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2012

Loved viewing all they had there and enjoyed the setup.

Visited December 2011
Montreal, Canada
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 91 helpful votes
“A must see”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2012

When we arrived we were told that our ticket was good for 2 days. We had a discount coupon given by our hotel which helped to ease the cost of the entrance fee. A free guided tour was offered, which we took and I would recommend everyone to take. It gives you a good overview and then you go back and visit at your own pace and go see some of the movies.
The Berlin Wall and especially the Watchtower is one of the highlights. The 9/11 exhibition is impressive. The unibomber cabin is interesting. The Tim Russert's complete office is touching. The old newpapers and books are not to be missed. We took 4 hours to visit and did not go back the next day, too many other things to visit.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank funpower
Sydney
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Something even jaded teenagers found interesting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

The Newseum is an interesting concept and there are so many different things to see and do you should be able to find something for everybody. Even my 2 teenagers who by then were sick of Museums in general, found it interesting but we all enjoyed different things. I especially liked the gallery of Pulitzer prize photographs with contextual or explanatory comments from the photographers themselves
Note unlike many other Museums in DC, you need to pay for entry (1 Adult and 2 teenagers was just over USD50 when I visited)

Visited December 2011
Owings Mills, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“A DC Must See”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

I had a groupon for me and an out of town friend, so we went on the Federal Holiday for New Year's day, celebrated this year on Monday, Jan. 2. I had read on trip advisor about how much there was to see, so we planned minimally for 6 hours at the Newseum. It was the perfect amount of time for what we wanted to see most, and to also sit for a while with lunch. I found the orientation film and the sports highlights film in the concourse excellent beginning spots. Then we did the recommended tour from the 6th floor down to the first. Where else could we see a segment of the Berlin Wall and feel the danger that those who crossed into West Berlin must have experienced? The 9/11 film was like no other - totally from the viewpoint of the photographers and news people who were there. I realized how they put themselves in harm's way because they knew instinctively how historic, and tragic. the events of the day were. The Pullitzer Prize photographs captured some of the most horrendous moments of inhumanity as well as some of the most endearing. I can't say enough about the Newseum. Try to go on a day that is not too crowded. It was lovely. I gave my second-day pass to my friend in case he wanted to return the next day with another friend.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank taliesanfan

Been to Newseum? Share your experiences!