“Must see--you could spend the whole day here”
Review of Newseum

Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour of Washington DC: Monuments, Landmarks and Memorials
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Find out for yourself why everyone is calling the Newseum the best experience Washington, D.C. has to offer. Each of the seven levels in this magnificent building is packed with interactive exhibits that explore free expression and the five freedoms of the First Amendment: religion, speech, press, assembly and petition. Whether you have just a few hours or want to spend all day, you'll find something for everyone in the family in the Newseum's 15 theaters and 15 galleries.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Must see--you could spend the whole day here”
Reviewed September 6, 2011

The newseum was a wonderful experience. There's a quick video with lol LL cool j explaining how to most efficiently see everything at the newseum. We should have planned our whole day here because there are so many interesting exhibits

From the Berlin wall to the wtc disaster to Pulitzer prize winning photos this place is guaranteed to stimulate all ages sexes and races. My husband was getting ansty since the museum was about to close an we were only on like the third floor and I was busy reading each description of the exhibit! So interesting!

I went on a Sunday of labor day weekend so it was a bit crowded but definitely manageable. Probably during the week is best so you can have all the exhibits to yourself.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Phoenix Arizona
79 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 157 helpful votes
“Newseum is very, very well done”
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I still can't believe how well done this museum is. From the building layout to the audio/video/print/theatrical/hands-on experiences, you could tell that some really smart people brought the Newseum together. I laughed and cried and marveled at the amazing collections of memorabilia. A must-see for anyone, any age, visiting the D.C. area. I could spend another day there.

Atlanta, Georgia
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 110 helpful votes
“Very Interesting museum”
Reviewed September 6, 2011

My husband and I had about 3 hours to go through this museum - which was not quite enough time to see all the exhibits. You can stop and easily get stuck watching coverage of Katrina or 9-11 or reading the famous newspaper headlines from the past. I am glad that we added this to our short week-end of sight seeing in DC.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great experience, but somewhat focused on US-history”
Reviewed September 5, 2011

I've been to the Newseum three times, and I would still rate give it 5 stars after each visit. It covers the media from its very beginning until our very day (they included pictures from the Arab Spring revolution) ,

there is sooo much to see there, my advise is to be there once they open.
Even though they cover some events that occurred internationally such as the fall of communism and World War II, most of the exhibits in the museum focus on US-history, which is understandable given that this is an American museum. I hope in the future they'll consider some more international events such as the conflicts in South America, The Middle East crises, Europe after communism...etc

Food: pretty good for a museum, I always have the salad which is excellent, but expensive. No refills on drinks.

The 4-d movie tuns every 20 minutes, it lasts for 14 minutes, worth watching.

One thing I've noticed, there is a poem hand-written by Saddam Hussain on display, the descriptions says it was written to praise an FBI agent who was interrogating him, although I got a different impression from reading the poem (in Arabic).

Overall: this place should be a highlight in your visit to DC.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Best Museum in D.C.”
Reviewed September 3, 2011

This museum is original and is perfect for teenagers and adults. It contains many interesting exhibits and is also very well laid out with every exhibit being easily accessible. I would recommend to anyone who has done all the typical museums (Natural History, Air and Space, etc) and is looking for something a bit different.

Visited September 2011

Been to Newseum? Share your experiences!