“Forget Whistler, Mt Baker is the place to be!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Top of Victoria Hike Including Victoria's Coastline
Ranked #382 of 2,570 things to do in Washington
More attraction details
Owner description: Glaciers, crevasses and snowy pinnacles make this area a challenge for skiers.
Utah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Forget Whistler, Mt Baker is the place to be!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2008

Being from UT I expected aweful, slushy, wet snow conditions in WA. I sure was pleasantly surprised to be wrong. I spent a day at Whistler in Canada (buy cheap tickets at 7-11's in Vancouver) and was surprisingly disappointed. Since Mt. Baker is a private resort, there are no discount tickets sold at local ski shops or supermarkets.

I enjoyed the snow at Baker so much I left Canada early to go back and play. They are claimed to have the most snowfall in N. America. Was it wet and difficult to ride on? Absolutely not. I made powder lines all day.

The liftees were all pleasant, Most of the riders were locals and more than happy to share their favorite runs with us tourists.

Next time I will stay in a bed and breakfast closer to the resort instead of 1.5 hrs away.

7 Thank lost_travelers