“A must stop for all history buffs...”
Review of Cove Fort

Cove Fort
Ranked #67 of 1,078 things to do in Utah
More attraction details
Owner description: Cove Fort was used as a Stagecoach Way Station and Pony Express station.
Seattle, Washington
77 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 158 helpful votes
“A must stop for all history buffs...”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Guides at the original Utah State House in Fillmore suggested we stop here on our way south to Zion National Park. I am so glad that we took their advice. Although on a tight schedule to get to our hotel we decided that a half hour stop would not put us too far behind. 30 minutes turned into more than an hour and we could have spent longer, as they have a film that we had to pass on. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable and and adapted his presentation to fit our time schedule. If you enjoy American history, you must stop here as the Mormon Church has restored this fort far better than most private endeavors I have seen. To repeat what other reviewers have already said, the religious aspect was soft and brief. I respect and appreciate their historical passion.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank rshay

Ontario, Oregon
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Forced to stop here as a child”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My grandparents had a condo in St. George and so we would pass through this area fairly regularly when I was a kid. When I rode down with my grandparents they always made us stop here, and I always complained about it. Well, now I'm an adult, and I make whoever I'm with when I drive through this area stop and take a tour of Cove Fort. It's a pretty cool place. Well worth the stop.

Visited September 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“What A Surprise”
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

We didn't know what to expect but were given much more than we thought. The price was right (free) and you have your own personal tour guide who is very knowledgeable.

It's a true piece of the American experience of the frontier West and filled with interesting artifacts and history.

And since the Fort is maintained and staffed by the Mormon Church, we did expect a soft sell at some point (can't blame them for the service they provide). That being said, it was a low pressure offer of materials like books and videos from some very kind folk who took great pride in what they were doing, so we weren't offended.

1 Thank Goldencanuck
Atlanta, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great rest break on the road!”
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

Well, the price is fabulous (free)! Our tour guide was very nice and threw in just the right amount of cute jokes. He even have us a sweet gift at the end to celebrate our recent marriage. We are not LDS and we were happy to find our guide was not preachy or overbearing. It was a great historical look at life in the time period. Exactly what we wanted to break up a long drive. Thanks sweet tour guide!

Orem, Utah
4 attraction reviews
“Well-done; superb craftsmanship”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Stopped to see Cove Fort and will stop again whenever we are traveling that section of I-15 with guests who haven't yet seen the fort. Seeing the superb craftsmanship was a treat. Admired the OLD trees. Learning about how the fort operated and seeing the telegraph was interesting. A very interesting site.

Visited March 2014