“Fantastic Bike Trail”

57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 125 helpful votes
“Fantastic Bike Trail”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Unbelievable sights and views. This bike trail was great. Well-kept and clean! Very secure. Great place to take the entire family. We went from white Haven to Jim Thorpe. It is a 3 percent downgrade which always feels like you are on a flat surface. A must-do ride for all!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank lone6star

Manuel Antonio National Park, Costa Rica
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“IT WAS WORTH IT.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

well me and my wife started out thinking it cant be that bad but it was a good challenge for us, we always walk our mountains in costa rica. climb was great but watch out for falling rocks. rest on your way, why hurry, enjoy it. upper falls you can sit under, looks fun, coming here since i was a kid, it was always fun. it was worth it.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank costaricacouple
Wilmington, Delaware
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Biking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Enjoyed a ride along the Lehigh Gorge - We felt adventurous and rode from Jim Thorpe to White Haven and Back (50 miles). So enjoyable.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Sheila K
Fishertown PA
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Great Bicycle Trail . . .”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

While my wife was at a conference at The Poconos , I got a chance to ride my bicycle on The Lehigh Gorge Trail . I went from The Onoko Trailhead up to The Rockport Trailhead and back one day , and then on another day I went from The Rockport Trailhead (which was a little hard to find) to The White Haven Trailhead and back . This is a very nice rails-to-trails , but not quite as nice as The Great Allegheny Passage (GAP) , which I visit regularly . The GAP is much better equipped with restrooms , pavilions , signage , etc. I did enjoy my time on the trail , and would like to ride it again if I were in the area.

Visited June 2013
Batavia, Illinois
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 108 helpful votes
“Lehigh Gorge Trail - Bike Trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

We were spending some time in the Poconos area and decided to take a short road trip to Jim Thorpe, to do the bike trail at Lehigh Gorge. It's a great autum day with warm temps and great colors showing in the trees. We take 209 south for a more scenic drive. Along the way we see the “Largest General Store” in Pennsylvania, it's worth a stop to see the place.
We get to Jim Thorpe’s and walk over to Poconos Biking and sign the papers, pick out our bikes and get on the shuttle. The shuttle takes about 40 minutes to get us to the top of the gorge and drops us off right at the trail. We were doing the 25 mile ride.
The Lehigh River is on our left, and on the right side of the trail is mountainous rock lined with trees. The trail is very wide and smooth, and offers great views. The trail is almost level with a minor downward grade to it. We were hoping for a steeper grade to reduce our need to pedal, but we ended up pedaling almost the entire time. The trail continues with great views along the river, and small water falls from the rocks.
After about 4 hours, we finish the ride and return our bikes. We are tired and starving. There is a restaurant around the corner, Molly Maguire’s Pub. It has a huge outside deck, and we have dinner there. The food was great and the weather was nice to enjoy eating outside on the deck.

Visited September 2012