“Relaxing afternoon”
Review of Kelleys Island

Ranked #677 of 2,164 things to do in Ohio
More attraction details
Owner description: Measuring more than four square miles and located in the western basin of Lake Erie, this scenic island boasts historical attractions and a myriad of outdoor sports.
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Spent a relaxing afternoon walking around the Island. The ferry over was nice but a bit expensive ($19 each plus $10 to park in the ferry lot) We probably should have spent the extra money to bring the car as we did not get to see as much since we were on foot. Still had a nice afternoon walking to the Glacial Grooves (45 minutes walk from the ferry),spent some time walking on the beach at the State Park, then walked back to the ferry. We had a nice fall day and the weather was great, but since we were on foot we did not have time to see much more. Golf carts were rather expensive as well $14/hr and up. We were there in the off season so not a lot going on.

All reviews
"glacial grooves"
in 12 reviews
"day trip"
in 11 reviews
"live music on the weekends"
in 2 reviews
in 5 reviews
"indian"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed August 2, 2012

My family and I recently visited Put in Bay and Kelley Islands. We had a great time on Put in Bay, people were fun and friendly and we had a great time. Kelley's Island was beautiful as well, very quiet and relaxing, however from the ladies at the Chamber of commerce to waitresses, or the young man at Caddy Shack mini golf, to anyone associate with Seaway Marina and their golf cart rental were just the most unpleasant individuals I had ever come in contact with. These individuals need to understand that it is their tourism that keeps their businesses open and if it wasn't for the tourists coming over on the ferries they would not their jobs or their businesses. A bit of advise, DO NOT rent a golf cart from Seaway Marina!!!!! If you are going to Kelleys Island and using Kelleys Island Ferry, DO NOT rent your golf cart from Seaway Marina as you get off the ferry!! They are overpriced and very rude! It is worth the walk into town, you will pay half the price in town and hopefully save yourself a huge headache!

6  Thank JenniferHighland_IN
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Website doesn't tell you its 19 a person and unless your staying on the island for a couple of days its not worth the trip......not a lot to see except state park...very few stores the glacier was even a disappointment what a waste of 58 bucks yup your car cost 30 and they even charge for dogs

2  Thank kazbill1961
Reviewed July 2, 2012

West Bay Inn has the worst service and managers I had to get my own drinks at the bar. The food took forever and then was over cooked with warm Cole slaw. I got hit in the head with a beach ball inside the dining room by kids. They even had a sign not to play in there. I asked for my check when I got my Food it took 2 more times asking to get it. I ask for a manager 3 times they could not find one. When the manager did show up she said she was in the kitchen cooking. She didn't offer any restitution I do believe they own the ferry line also BAD BAD BAD.

1  Thank dug s