Hocking Hills State Park
Review Highlights
A real winner

A beautiful place to visit in the spring but I prefer the fall. We have visited a number of times... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
ThomasC1006
Dallas, Texas
More amazing than expected!

I had no idea such a beautiful place existed, tucked away in ohio. I highly recommend Hocking... read more

Reviewed January 6, 2019
sent_from_above_0
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Ohio
from $27.00
from $18.00
from $80.00
from $26.00
1,357 results
All reviews cedar falls hocking hills old mans cave rock house hiking trails cantwell cliffs rock formations conkle's hollow great hiking natural beauty beautiful scenery beautiful area mile hike visitor center easy hike rose lake rim trail
Reviewed July 1, 2016

I really enjoyed exploring the attractions in the state park. They were fairly close together and well sign-posted. The hikes to see the caves, gorges and waterfalls were easy to do for people of all ages and fitness levels. I took many great photographs in a relatively short time. If you go, also consider Conckles Hollow - strictly speaking outside the park but part of the same rock formations and very close to other park attractions. It is an easy walk to the end of a delightful and magical gorge and for me it was a great finish to my visit to the area.

Reviewed July 1, 2016

There's not much else I can say that hasn't been covered.

The trails are easy hikes. You can park at the areas you want to see, or you walk along the whole thing. About 4 or 5 miles from the upper falls down to ash cave.

Tips:
- Go early. It gets busy later
- Most trails are easy and stroller friendly.
- Bring water bottles. But don't litter! You can refill at the many water fountains.
- There are not any trash cans near the picnic areas, so be prepared to pack it in, pack it out.

1  Thank javaman70
Reviewed June 30, 2016 via mobile

Went to this beautiful park and saw Old Mans Cave and hiking trails to the lake. Very very nice and peaceful. Great for pictures. We went at about 930 am and when returning to the car at 1pm the entire parking lot was over full with people and cars trying to find parking. Really over crowded. Go early and avoid the rush and stress of finding parking. May not be a problem in off season.

Reviewed June 30, 2016

Really enjoyed our time in the park. There are opportunities to both get in and out of locations quickly as well as take long walks. We did a six+ mile round trip from Cedar Falls to Ash Cave after previously visiting Old Man's Cave

Reviewed June 29, 2016 via mobile

I haven't been hiking in years. The trails were easy to follow and not to difficult. We also had some out of shape that were able to keeo up.

Gorgeous