“Don't miss!”
Review of Pearson's Falls

Pearson's Falls
Ranked #501 of 2,644 things to do in North Carolina
More attraction details
Owner description: When visiting Pearson's Falls Glen, nature lovers and hikers are attracted to the scenic waterfall that plunges 90 feet and the many scenic trails bordered by native plants.
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Short walk through lovely glen to magnificent falls. Picnic facilities and benches along way. These are best falls in the area.

There are newer reviews for Pearson's Falls

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I hate to pay to see a waterfall, but for people who don't like to walk in the woods, Pearson's Falls is convenient and cheap.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

First the good. We always used to take our guests to Pearson's Falls. It is beautiful and it never ceases to impress our guests. Now the BAD. We (my wife and I and her brother and his wife) went there this Spring. This will be our last visit EVER!! We didn't even make it to the Falls before it started to rain lightly. We continued as the rain increased in intensity. My brother-in-law was able to take a couple of pictures before we headed back to the car soaking wet in heavy rain. As we were leaving, I asked the man who was at the entrance if we could get a rain check or a refund because of the heavy rain. He told us their policy is no refunds and no rain checks. That is not the only reason we are NEVER going to return. It was the attitude and unbelievable prejudice that we encountered. I was told by this very rude man that people "like us" always try to get something for free or cause trouble and he doesn't need people "like us" to come there. I still don't know if (by our accent) he knew we were "Northerners" (even though we have been living in Henderson County for 17 years) or maybe it was because my brother-in-law's wife was Thai - I don't know and I don't care what the reason for his prejudice and bad attitude was - all I know is that now I tell everyone that I meet that Pearson Falls is run by ignorant, prejudiced people who seems to be interested in one thing - and it is not customer satisfaction - it is the almighty dollar. After we left, we stopped at a local store in Saluda and told the proprietor about our experience. She told me that I was not the first person to stop in there and relate similar experiences. She also told us that she had a somewhat negative experience in her dealings with the people who run Pearson's Falls. We now go to Brevard, Dupont Forrest, Lake Lure, Chimney Rock, Jump Off Rock, the Biltmore, the Grove Park Inn, and many other places of interest in this beautiful part of western North Carolina. Pearson's Falls has fallen down under the new ownership and it is no longer a friendly place to visit. I am 71 years old and life is too short to have to put up with rudeness and prejudice.

3  Thank Jay F
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We've seen a lot of waterfalls in the Asheville area, but this was one of the nicest. As others have noted, easy trail up to the main falls, but rocks along the way mean you need to watch your step, particularly coming down if the trail's a bit wet. The $5 per person admission is a bit steep, considering that the Asheville Arboretum is only $8 for a carload, and it's a way larger and more elaborate. This place is more like a peaceful glade. There are a number of picnic tables throughout. Port-a-potty was clean and typically smelly.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

This is well worth the $5 per person to visit. So beautiful. The rocks do get slippery and the walk up is fine, The trip down can be tricky. I did slip half way down and sprang my ankle. So be careful. But I am so glad we went and will most certainly go back soon.