“It was good”
Review of Pecos River

Ranked #323 of 1,193 things to do in New Mexico
More attraction details
Owner description: Like the Rio Grande, this river flows mostly southward across New Mexico, and is a popular destination for outdoor activities such as boating, rafting, hiking and fishing.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I loved it it was a great thing for the whole family for the kids there is a playground that's great but after 30 mins my child was very thirsty and we forgot the drinks so that's the a problem then for the adults there's some peddle bouts and for the elderly there is some tour bouts and last but not least for the teens the lagoon great not to cold and not to hot

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stopped here for about twenty minutes late afternoon. I walked on the path a little ways; it's paved and very nice. The beach/swim area looked like fun; my kids really wished they had brought their swimsuits. The water was an interesting color, almost green. There was a jetty that people were jumping off into the water. A boat cruise was just pulling out as we arrived; I wish we had gotten there earlier so we could've taken the tour.

1  Thank kren250
Reviewed May 13, 2013

went there and just fished and hung out was so pleasant and gorgeous loved it!!! would deff go back!!! if you go to carlsbad you gotta go to the pecos river!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Definitely the best thing to do in Carlsbad City Limits. Great park, lots to do, and as soon as we got out of the Jeep, an ice cream truck pulled up, and I got a snow cone as big as my head. Now, if Carlsbad would put this kind of energy into their restaurants, I might consider going back!

1  Thank jennykw
See more reviews
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I added this on my vacation's itinerary due to the good reviews on Trip Advisor. When we got to this park we just kept on driving. What a joke! This may be a nice place for locals to walk their dogs or to get some exercise, but it's not worth the stop for out of towners...spend your time at the Carlsbad Caverns National Park or at Sitting Bull Falls and skip this place!

1  Thank mom_in_dfw