“I went for a walk.”
Review of Eagle Nest Lake

Eagle Nest Lake
Ranked #706 of 1,202 things to do in New Mexico
More attraction details
Owner description: Quiet, gorgeous lake, offering camping and trout fishing.
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I did not see the campgrounds so I can not comment on that. I entered on the south end of the lake. The site was beautiful! Located at the base of a mountain, wildflowers plentiful, pelicans (yes pelicans!) on the huge lake and an easy hiking trail around the lake in a flat area. If you're looking for an easy, relaxing hike in a peaceful area, go here.

3  Thank 13SS

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We drove 770 miles because of rave reports of trout fishing in this area. We regret it. The powers that be decided to not stock the area for a month in anticipation of Labor day, what about the rest of us? The bathrooms close at 8 o'clock? Why? The shower required you to push a button on the wall for water, and when you did, you got, believe me I timed it,........8 seconds of water. That's right, 8 seconds. I wonder if the head of the parks department takes a shower that way. The Gov. and head of Parks should be ashamed of themselves, people pay for parks and get this.

4  Thank Dana m
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We went to state park at the lake today, thinking we might want to camp there in the future, don't think so, the water was beautiful, but it was ultra low. The shore was a long way. From the camping area and the grass/weeds were very high.

4  Thank CitizensReflect
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We camped at Eagle's Nest Lake State Park recently and had a wonderful experience. Gorgeous views, quiet site, bathrooms and running water were a plus. It was a great place to camp with dogs. We would definitely recommend and plan to camp there again.

3  Thank lisanichols20
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I went for an overnight camp trip with my family at Eagle's Nest lake this June. And we had a blast. We went there mainly to relax and fish. We are normally opposed to camping at camp sites, generally we camp in the wild, but the camp grounds were nice. We put our tents off the ground a little within the prairie dog mounds, much quieter there. The fishing was fun. We mainly caught perch, but they are good eating and fun to catch especially if you brought little kids along. They are easy to catch. My dad caught a trout, but only one. We took our canoe, which was fun to paddle around. Overall a great trip, I will be going back!

5  Thank thisisme7

Been to Eagle Nest Lake? Share your experiences!