“A Heavenly Lake!!!”

and up
Scenic White Mountains Helicopter Tour
Ranked #86 of 816 things to do in New Hampshire
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the most popular lakes in New Hampshire due to its many tourist facilities and attractions.
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Where do I start? Well, this is not your "ordinary" lake. This is by far the dreamiest lake I have ever been to!! My husband and children had been before and it was my first time. I have always been anti swim in any lake. I didn't even bring my bathing suit which was a BIg mistake! We went to play in the arcades there which are uniquely amazing and the prizes are not your "typical" cheesy prizes. There were so many great options to choose from and even for adults! My favorite was a rose pen with feathers...well, it was cute and I liked it. ;-0) We also went to Funspot, the Largest Arcade in the World according to Guiness. I will do a separate review on that. But Weir's Beach at Lake Winnipesaukee is a destination NOT to miss if you are anywhere near the area or can side road to it. The lake is clean, just like a beach in New England. There was even a guy in one of those air packs, flying in the air and diving into the water. There are also cruises for 2 hours on the lake on large boats. I LOVE this place and cannot wait to go back. Bring lots of quarters for the games and have fun!!!!!!!!! We didn't bring the camera (my mistake!!) so sorry no pictures but please visit the website for more information.

8  Thank ShowTheWorldYouCare

Reviewed August 25, 2013

This is an exceptionally beautiful lake definitely worth visiting. Stay at either Wolfeborough - historical, upmarket, pretty town at one end or Weirs Beach at the other, more touristy and with the largest beach. We went on the Winnipesauke Belle for a tour around part of the lake, viewing the areas where the movie "On Golden Pond" was shot, houses of the rich and famous as well as the local wildlife on a serene and sunny day.
We swam in the lake and went on a great little cycle ride from Wolfeborough (hired bikes from Nordic Skier).

9  Thank HaskelUK
Reviewed August 22, 2013

The lake is beautiful and clear. So nice to see the bottom of the lake even when it's fairly deep. Chilly though! We stayed at Church Landing at Mill Falls in Meredith which was terrifc. We took the scenic 2 hour boat ride on the Doris which is a sister to the large Mt. Washington boat trip. Very nice tour and saw amazing homes and views. Driving around the lake takes almost 2 hours without stops. Cute stops in Meredith, Wolfeboro, other towns too. Bring a map!!!! The roads switch and change a lot while driving around the lake. Alton Bay is very nice. Wiers beach is a beautiful sandy beach and there are many arcades there. It's the main hub for the Mt. Washington scenic cruises. We rented a kayak too which was awesome along the shoreline with the clear water.

5  Thank Cindervermont
Reviewed July 29, 2013

You can bike around the 65 mile lake, or boat from town to town. The lake is excellent for swimming in July, so warm and clear! Very relaxing area.

2  Thank Travelmomkap
Reviewed July 18, 2013

While you can drive around the lake and see some beautiful views, we found it best to experience Lake Winnipesaukee in a kayak.
We reserved 3 2-man kayaks from Wild Meadow Canoe and Kayak in Center Harbor. We arrived at 9 am and everything was set out and ready for us. After some instructions we set out.
It was a Monday morning and we had most of the lake to ourselves. It was a sunny day in the 70's with very little wind. It was great for kayaking along the coast..
We paddled away from Center Harbor by some homes, but mostly it was wooded area.
Since there were very few speed boats we paddled across the lake going east by Three Mile Island. We were barked at by a dog guarding a dock and house on one of the small islands.
Then we turned around and took our time paddling back to Center Harbor. On this side there were many more houses to look at along the way.
Lake Winnipesaukee will take you away from all of the stress of the modern world if you let it. Kayaking in its waters did it for me.

7  Thank rwdw