“The most beautiful lake I have ever seen”
Review of Lake Winnipesaukee

and up
Scenic White Mountains Helicopter Tour
Ranked #88 of 808 things to do in New Hampshire
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the most popular lakes in New Hampshire due to its many tourist facilities and attractions.
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Lake Winnipesaukee should belong in the top 10 NH attractions. It is NH's largest lake covering 72 square miles of crystal clear water and surrounded by mountain ranges. The scenery is spectacular and the lake is perfect for all kinds of water sports. There are quiet coves for swimming, canoeing and kayaking and open water for jet skis and fast boats. It is dotted with islands of all sizes with large mansions to small cottages. It is truly one of the best vacation spots in the country and a wonderful place to live as well. There are lots of things to do in the area and several boat trips available for those who don't have their own. We have spent our summers in NH's Lakes Region for years and now we are lucky enough to live here!

5  Thank IAG-603

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I've been blessed to have a family house on Lake Winnipesaukee for over 50 years. The number of attractions and things to do are endless. Have a boat hike the three islands that are open to the public, visit the quaint towns of Wolfeboro, Alton, Meredith, or commercially developed Weirs Beach, train rides, hang out at Braun Bay, see water ski tournaments in Back Bay of Wolfeboro, go to fairs, Castle in the Clouds, climb Abenaki Tower or Bald Knob, antique, Gunstoke Mountain alpine ride or zip cord, fish, sail, swim, etc. To me Lake Winnipesaukee offers more than the beach or straight mountains or farms. I highly recommend a visit if you have not been as fortunate as I have to experience.

14  Thank steve_buell
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Lake Winnipesaukee has it all . Fishing camping, Boating, Hunting, Motorcycle Rallies, Wildlife, Shopping ,History
,Arcades , Night life and a Life time of memories..Been there 12 times and every time was different. Hotels ,motels RVs and Campsites never regretted one minute. . We all. Love NH

5  Thank Tatej66
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Every summer we come to Winnipesaukee, last year we stayed in Wolfeboro.
The views of the lake from there where amazing. One afternoon we had a picnic from the park
at the Wolfeboro town docks and it was great! My husband and I even went out on paddle boards, it was a delightful day. The boards we rented are from SUPNH.com a local shop.
I think we will be back this summer, we just love it. As Arizona people, I enjoy the change in scenery.

4  Thank 202sarahd202
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We were in the Weirs Beach area on a three-day getaway in mid October when pretty much was closed down. We picked the brochure at the Weirs Beach pier about the lake cruise. It was a spectacular day, sunny, clean and warm and the lake was as smooth as glass. The MS Mount Washington was huge, by lake standards, and had all the amenities you needed, including clean restrooms, food, and beverages. There was a description of the interesting points of interest coming over the PA system, just often enough to keep interest. Definitely worth the time and price.

11  Thank GeoffDB