“George's name sake is worthy of the title.”
Review of Mount Washington

Mount Washington
Ranked #60 of 753 things to do in New Hampshire
More attraction details
Owner description: Part of the White Mountains, this is the highest peak in the Northeast.
Minnesota
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 292 helpful votes
“George's name sake is worthy of the title.”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Mt. Washington may not be the highest peak in the nation but the significance it holds geographically and meteorologically make it a draw for people interested in such things. But that said, Mount Washington is great place for everyone to visit. The views are fantastic, the visitor center and museum have some really interesting weather related exhibits and there are plenty of trails to hike on, both at the summit and for those who wish to make the climb. If nothing else, it is a great photo op. Bring a jacket, even if it is 90 plus degrees at the bottom. The summit is sparse, wide open and the weather is changing by the minute as well as the wind, which can get rather gusty. Do it! You won't regret going.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank BorealForestDweller

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Burlington, Vermont
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Breathtaking”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I went on a day hike in early June; up Lion's head and then down Tuckerman's Ravine. I parked at Pinkham's parking lot. Much more rocky, uneven footing than I was used to, but very doable. Towards the top, there is no getting around it, it is steep and difficult scramble but so very worth it. The views were just breathtaking. But even for a day hike, definitely pack for all kinds of weather. Started out in a tank top and at the top I was wearing three layers, hat and gloves.

Visited June 2012
Tallahassee, Florida
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Scary trip but worth it in views!”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We decided to ride the van up to the observatory and I think this was a good choice. Got to get ahead of all the auto traffic. The road is windy and nerve-wracking but the views up top are amazing. we got lucky and had a sunny day!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank lherrin
Halifax
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Wicked awesome”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I wasn't sure how hard this hike would be. I had climbed Mt Katahdin before and was now hiking with my children (8 and 10). They did very well, even with their own packs. It was ideal weather (started warm and progressed to cool) but we needed a base layer, outer shell for wind, hats and gloves closer to the summit. Luckily no rain but we did pack garbage bags. It took us 5 hrs but only because my wife found it hard. Otherwise we could have summited in 4 hrs. We stopped every hour or so to snack and rest. There are sources of water (stream early on, a well pump about 1/2 way up Tuckermans and a waterfall on the headwall) but we packed 5.5 litres and didn't need it all. It was 84 degrees at base but 30 degrees cooler at summit (like fall). I was surprised just how steep and lofty this mountain is. Lots of amenities at the top. We took the hiker shuttle down because of the kids, which was convenient but $85. It dropped us off at the Pinkham Notch visitor centre where we parked. I was enthralled with Tuckermans Ravine and pleased with the whole climb. It is WAY up there and fantastic!

4 Thank snixon123
Granger
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Mount Washington Hike”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Hiked Tuckerman's Ravine up Mount Washington and the trip was awesome! it was very difficult but well worth the hike. Great views and great scenery.

Visited August 2012