“Wow!”

Kentucky Bourbon Trail
Ranked #68 of 1,027 things to do in Kentucky
More attraction details
Owner description: Where the Spirit Leads YouFor more than 200 years, Kentucky's legendary distilleries have crafted the world's finest Bourbons, using secret recipes and a time-honored process passed down from generation to generation.Now you can explore the rich tradition and proud history of "America's Official Native Spirit" on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail(R) tour, featuring 9 signature distilleries nestled among the most beautiful scenery the Bluegrass has to offer.Discover the art and science of the Master Distiller...Savor the distinct, mellow flavor...And see how Kentucky's perfect natural mix of weather and pure limestone water produces the classic taste and deep amber color.World-renowned Bourbon.Winding country roads.Inviting historic towns.Rolling green hills.And Bluegrass hospitality at its best.The Kentucky Bourbon Trail(R) tour - where the spirit leads you.
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Went with two other couples and had one of the most fun and memorable times of my life! We went to Woodford Reserve, Wild Turkey, Jim Beam, Four Roses, Heaven Hill and Markers Mark. I was afraid it would be the same information and would become boring but each distillery is unique and different. The settings are beautiful, the gift shops are stocked and reasonably priced and the tastings are fun. Each of our tour guides were very knowledgeable and a lot of fun. We had perfect weather and were with great friends in beautiful Kentucky. What more could you Ask for? At Jim Beam we rinsed our own bottles, watched them being filled, labeled and sealed. We then picked them up in the gift shop. At Makers Mark we were able to seal our bottles with the famous red wax. What a great time! I am hoping to do it again one day.

2  Thank iloveItalyUsa

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I have no idea why it took me so long to do this. I lived in Cincy for a number of years and it would have been so easy to cover the Trail on weekends or with short day trips. The website is informative - but also make sure to include stops at some of the distilleries that are not part of the official trail like Buffalo Trace. I started my trail on a late summer day and visited Woodford Reserve, Wild Turkey, Buffalo Trace and Four Roses in one long day. Only took the BT tour and had to lunch at McDonalds. Would rank them as 1=BT, 2=WR, 3=FR, 4=WT...

Will catch Jim Beam, Maker's Mark and one or two others on the next leg of my trail.

1  Thank Bruce H
Reviewed September 9, 2013

What a great weekend trip for your husband or boyfriend. The Kentucky Bourbon Trail is an area with many Bourbon/whiskey distilleries. The charming, small town of Bardstown, Kentucky is a good place to stay because it is about 45 minutes to an hour and a half from many of the most popular distilleries. Men are so difficult to shop for, but this is a win/win. The Kentucky landscape is beautiful and can be enjoyed as you drive from distillery to distillery. Many of the distilleries are located on picturesque grounds, offer excellent and informative tours and also have small gift shops for most of your cocktail bar and accessory needs. my husband and I spent 2 days visiting 4 distilleries. Please take caution if you sample on the tours because you will have to drive to the next one. I think there are companies where you can hire a driver for the day. We chose to drive ourselves. Very fun, so beautiful and we bought some great gift for family and friends,

1  Thank Tuto
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I am not even a Bourbon drinker, but enjoyed learning the detailed process required to create a smooth bourbon. Plus, lovely grounds and horse farms on the way there!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

This is such a great way to taste different bourbon and how it is made. The Kentucky countryside in this area is absolutely beautiful. Get the Bourbon Trail passport at any of the distilleries and you are set. I suggest either staying in Bardstown or Lexington or maybe both if you have the time. Our choices on the best tours would be Heaven Hill, Jim Beam, Four Roses and Wild Turkey - not necessarily in any certain ranking there. Be aware when going to Makers Mark the roads are narrow and single lane in many areas along the way - but again, beautiful country! Many of the distilleries charge for the tours but the tasting and effort put into the tours makes this understandable in most cases. I think that it should be a common theme that you get a shot glass at each location as a memento of each location(also good advertisement and product placement. Make sure to give yourself 3+ days to complete the whole trial.