“Muddy Because of the Rain -- Went to Ponce de Leon Instead.”
Review of Morrison Springs

Morrison Springs
West Columbia, SC
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Muddy Because of the Rain -- Went to Ponce de Leon Instead.”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I was there August 17, 2012. Because of the rain, the water was muddy, so my review is unfair. Luckily, Ponce De Leon State Park is only about 10 minutes away. Went there instead -- the water was beautiful. Read my review there. I was so disappointed. I was looking forward to seeing the springs. If you are into this sort of thing -- Florida's spring fed lakes and rivers are really cool. Check out Crystal River, near Tampa -- you can see manatees there.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank SCColtsFan

Milton, Florida
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Beautiful oasis”
Reviewed July 27, 2012

This spring is one of the most beautiful in Florida.It is perfect for snorkeling and picnicking.the park is very family friendly with one problem.Smoking is allowed in all areas.if you are relaxing by the water someone next to you may pollute your area with no regard for you.Also the picnic pavilion if not smoke free.this could be a problem with all the scuba divers using the area. The state or county could make some areas smoke free.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank relationships
Tallahassee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Simply incredible.”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I have free dived here a few times and finally got the chance to scuba here. I went ahead and got inside the cavern...down yo almost 90 feet. A little spooky in there but WOW! ill never forget it. Morrison is a great place to spend the day swimming, relaxing, have lunch...it's what Northwest Florida is all about. Crystal blue water and perfect weather.

1 Thank jugzeh
Nanaimo, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“clean and gorgeous”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

Unlike some reviewers I found Morrison Springs to be a "must see" on a unique to Florida list. The boardwalks, restrooms, and parking lot were clean and tidy and made the Springs accessible to people like us who had just dropped by to have a look. The water was absolutely clear, the area was not crowded, and the teens I talked were polite and full of info about the caves and diving. They were local and proud to talk about this beautiful place. My husband and I wished we had brought our bathing suits!

Visited March 2012
5 Thank NanaimoMary
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great :)”
Reviewed August 5, 2011

I went to this spring as my very first spring experience. Loved how it had a beach area even though it was a little small. Loved the cold, crystal clear, water. Went snorkeling to see the fish. I wanted to go back the next day but it was an hour and a half drive.

2 Thank Kao2293