“Wild Bill Outfitters - Campers Beware”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Buffalo River

Ranked #167 of 691 things to do in Arkansas
More attraction details
Owner description: Scenic river with dramatic bluffs towering overhead.
Miami, Oklahoma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Wild Bill Outfitters - Campers Beware”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

Wild Bill Outfitters On Buffalo River in Yellville, AR

BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE

Evening Star Lodge - They billed us $200.00 for giant hole in the wall that was NOT there when we checked out. Both my husband and I did a walk though of the place prior to locking the doors for the last time and there was no way that hole was there. We had 4 adults to witness that hole was not there when we left. My husband and I were the last two out of the house and we both check the locks on the back door (Right next to where the supposed damage was at) and I can say with 100% certainty that damage was not made during our stay.

In my opinion the cleaning crew probably had us pay for their accidental damage.

Do NOT ever use this business unless you take lots and lots of before and after pictures. Please protect yourselves and look your rentals over and take pictures of everyhing on these grounds that you use.

Visited September 2012
18 Thank TMBarnes
Bill S, Owner at Buffalo River, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
The hole in the wall was not there when they checked in, it was there when they checked out.
We do not falsely accuse people for damages, and we charged them for the repairs

North Little Rock, Arkansas
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Best Vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

We travel a fair amount but the two weeks we camp on the Buffalo River every year is probably my favorite. We stay at Buffalo Point and camp with several friends. The are is beautiful with plenty to do or just relax and fellowship with friends/family. The facilities are nice.

3 Thank RazorbackWARD
Utah
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“true wilderness!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

We were planning a july trip and thus the water levels limited us... it turned out we'd have to canoe on the Lower section of the river. We got canoes through the Buffalo River Float Service (good deal, good service!) and canoed from Rush to Buffalo City.

We were rather worried based on all the tube rentals that we would be canoeing down a packed river full of people drinking beer....little did we know! We got in at Rush and saw two hikers about five minutes into our trip...and then no one for the next 23 miles.

It was terrific. I have a few warnings, though..
. bring tons of water. actually, just bring a purifier system. we made a rookie mistake and didn't have enough water to drink freely and it was the worst part of the trip.
be prepared for wild hogs. we camped on a gravel bar, and in the night, awoke to the sound of boar outside our tent, in the woods, about 15 feet away. we were frozen stiff scared--we didn't know much about boar other than theyre aggressive--and had no idea what to do. they came closer and closer, and passed right by our tent. luckily, they didn't bother us... but it was probably the most terrified i've ever been in my adult life. not kidding. we had no game plan of what to do if a boar stumbled into our tent, and it wouldn't have been pretty.

they said it was a 2 night trip (3 day) but we only spent one night out there partially due to water and hogs, but also, it would have been a huge stretch to last that long. we got in the first day at 10AM and canoed maybe 5-6 hours that day. The next day, we got up at 6 and started and were finished at 11. So keep in mind it'll go faster than expected.

All in all, we had a great time. We camped at Tyler Bend and at Buffalo Point and had a nice time (just bring cash..its a self-pay station and you have to have cash!) went on several hikes at both of those locations and at South Maumee, and ate a MEAN chicken fried steak at the Front Porch in Yellville!

6 Thank MOB17
Hills, IA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great River”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2012

First of all the Buffalo is a beautiful River. I went kayaking and hiking with my son for 3 days The forest and river are clearly exceptional. My wife would not come because she said she thought there would be "too many snakes" - and we did not see a single snake. Did see tons of fish, deer, turtles, birds, etc. It was great. I used Wild Bill's outfitter to shuttle my vehicle. The staff was knowledgeable and friendly. And they always had my vehicle at the right place and the right time - so that service was reliable. But don't stay in one of their rooms - they are a poor value with no maid service or towels. Not too clean either. Obviously the owner is not putting much back into the place. I felt somewhat sorry for the staff. They probably get complaints about the rooms and so they charge $ for the rooms up front and non-refundable probably to avoid having people leave early. So if you use Wild Bill's as an outfitter stay at one of the other cabins. The park service restaurant is the best food around - the broasted chicken is the best dinner. Be careful ordering anything else off the menu. One night I ordered chicken fried steak and my son ordered catfish. They were not good. Stick with the chicken.

2 Thank Snorkler45
Bill S, Owner at Buffalo River, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Our cabins are very nice, the motel is old, just a place to stay the night. "no frills"
But a bargain for 50.00.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Buffalo River Outfitters Review”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

I am/was a returning customer over the past five years and have never experienced anything short of a pleasant experience. Unfortunately, I am unable to say the same for today's experience.

My wife and I reside in Conway Arkansas and this past Friday I decided to reserve a canoe. Angie was very helpful in this regard; however when we awoke on the morning of the float we called my father who resides just outside of Leslie near Mt. View, he made us aware of the current weather condition. You may also know that part of the state was under a tornado watch and isolated storms producing half inch hail and high winds so it didn't take much common sense to cancel our all day float trip today. Unfortunately Jake the office manager had different plans and we were forced to either continue on with our reservation or move the date which is impossible with my job and I made him aware but to no avail he insisted. I will not be back until this is called to someone's attention and addressed. I have always referred Buffalo River Outfitters to many friends in the surrounding Conway area as opposed to the some of the other outfits but unfortunately today my opinion was changed. When a business cares more about its bottom line rather than that of its customer's safety you just know not the return.

17 Thank drwprkr07