“Baranof Dream/Alaska Dream Cruises”
Review of Inside Passage

Inside Passage
Ranked #156 of 834 things to do in Alaska
More attraction details
Owner description: This site can be explored both by sea kayaking and hiking.
Reviewed June 9, 2014

If you want to see wildlife and the real Alaska, this has to be the best way possible. Whales, seal,otter, bear, ealge, mountain goat, etc. were seen throughout the trip. Humpback whales were seen at least 9 of 11 days, which included a huge bubble net feeding, 2 breaches, and a dozen came within 50 foot of the ship. 1000 plus pictures and 50 videos of just whales, first day exceeded my expectations, and each day got better.
The glaciers were wonderful, saw 2 calf. Even though Tracy Arm was blocked with ice, the captain found another glacier close by the same day.
The food was fabulous, staff was super. All events were included; train ride, tram, tours in Kake, Petersburg, Skagway, Sitka, Glacier Bay, Tracy Arm, and play day in Hobart Bay.
The Native Indian guide and nature guide on broad were very knowledgeable and added much interest to the trip.
This was our first cruise, but many guest had traveled extensively, all said this was the best.
Additional plus, there were only 37 passangers (49 passenger max.) with 20 crew. Everyone was treated with personnel attention, guest and crew quickly became friends.

This is a well organized group, from the greeting at the airport, tours and activities, to the departure .This is a class act. Doing another cruise will be difficult because these guys have set such a high standard.
We traveled from May 23-June 2, from Sitka to Sitka. The weather was perfect, water calm, temperature 45-60F. I know this is the exception, but May is the driest month, we only had one day with some misty rain, we were blessed.

If you want to see Alaska, please do a small ship cruise; and Alaska Dreams Cruises has to be one of the best. Allen Marine family takes pride in presenting you to Alaska.

Martin B

in 8 reviews
"balcony room"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed June 9, 2014

This was my first ever cruise and it exceeded my expectations.
We had a veranda room and the views on this trip were amazing.
Food was great and service was excellent. Majority of staff went above and beyond to make my family stay wonderful.

Rahmat my dinning room server was excellent and made sure our needs were taken care off every single night. He went above and beyond what was expected.

Arief the host made sure we had the same table every night and I was amazed by his effort to remember my room number and family names on the 2nd night.

Matus one of the dinning room managers made and effort to visit every table a few times a night to make conversation and made sure guest were well taken care off. I understand that is his job, but on my 7 day trip, he was the only manager doing this, so this says a lot.

Rooms are cleaned twice daily, once in the morning and the second time during turn down service. During turn down service, they clean the bathrooms and change the towels as well.

Majority of staff on the ship are foreign and they work long hours and give their very best to serve guest. I have seen many guest complain about minute things, but I feel they are uncalled for.

Overall excellent 1st time cruise on board Holland America Zuiderdam, excellent service, great food, will be back.

Date of experience: June 2014
19  Thank illuminated2010
Reviewed June 5, 2014

If you want to see spectacular scenery, this is it. If you want a dingy old ship decorated like a nursing home, rude staff (mostly. Worse than any cruise I've been on and I am a very veteran cruiser), misinformed staff and no self serve anything, including coffee, by all means, this is your ship. Never been on a worse ship with worse crew in my entire life. Our steward was so creepy and rude we were scared to even let him in our room. Seriously. NEVER AGAIN!

Date of experience: June 2014
16  Thank MinnieS66
Reviewed June 3, 2014

My husband and I took the On Your Own cruise package on the Crown Princess. With this we were able to plan our own excursions for our two nights in Fairbanks and one night in Denali before boarding the ship in Whittier. Princess provided us with all the needed transfers and lodging. Everything from start to finish was great. We never had to wait on line for dinner, we had the anytime dining, and there was always enough machines available in the gym. The entertainment was okay, but a bit dated. The food was okay as well, however we did have dinner at the Crown Grill one evening (it was included in our package) and that meal was exceptional. Sandy, the naturalist onboard was very well informed and helpful although by the last day in the inside passage, she seemed a bit stressed out. Our cabin, inside, was fine, spacious enough for us and our cabin steward was great! The movie under the stars was a nice touch, but there were no blankets, hot chocolate or popcorn available as advertised, nor anyone around to ask. Overall we had a wonderful experience and would gladly do another Princess cruise again. The scenery was simply awe inspiring!

6  Thank spoiledrotten1