“Once in a lifetime experience.”
Review of Alaska Hot Air Balloons - CLOSED

San Francisco
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Once in a lifetime experience.”
Reviewed December 1, 2010

I will always remember hovering above an Egyptian village and watching while the village awakened. First the roosters crowed, then the donkeys brayed, and finally the parents and children awoke to do their chores. Silently we watched, mesmerized, while Ahmed expertly piloted the balloon. A once in a lifetime experience in Luxor that you should not miss.

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Experience”
Reviewed October 31, 2010

Highly reccommend doing a baloon flight whilst in Luxor. So much cheaper than doing it elsewhere and hardly ever cancelled due to weather. Whole experience was extremely well organised and refreshingly baksheesh free. Booked direct with them. For the best deals make sure you say you are an independent traveller not on a tour.

Portsmouth
“Flight on Alaska Hot Air Balloons”
Reviewed March 24, 2010

Just got back from our Egyptian holiday and wanted to say we enjoyed our Alaska Hot Air Balloon flight Captained by Ahmed Mahmohd. He guided us over the west bank of the nile near the valley of the kings, hatshepsut, valley of queens and a few other temples. Although I would tell you I do not like heights the ride was very smooth, gentle and sometimes rotating I enjoyed it (but was glad I was not at the side of the large basket which carried 20 of us).
We were picked up from the Da Vinci Nile Cruiser at 5.45am and returned at 9.15am, which meant we had about 45minutes in the sky, which I think was very good value.
I must say the company did give us full instructions on landing positions, and even on the boat over the nile were made to wear life jackets.
My family and I would recommend this to anybody who wants to try it.

Sandefjord, Norway
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 223 helpful votes
“A highlight in Luxor :-)”
Reviewed February 8, 2010

We were picked up at 6 am from our cruiseboat. On the way across the Nile the "paperwork" was done while we had coffee and tea.
As we arrived the "airport" our balloon was ready to get filled with hot air, so we could watch that process
We were 16 people in the big basket, which I would say was fine!
The balloon pilot, Bob, was an artist - in flying as well as in explaining and entertaining. He made sure that all could have a good view of the sites, by rotating slowly. He also gave us some exciting moments flying quite low over some parts.
You really got a good impression of the whole westbank with Valley of te Kings/Queens, Hatsheputs temple and other monuments, as well seeing over to the east bank with the temples of Karnak and Luxor and thetown of Luxor itself
You also get a good impression of the extreme contrast between the fertile Nile valley and the arid desert so close behind it
Our flight lasted for more than 1 hour
Landing was extremely smooth, compared to previous balloonflights
Price currently approx 100 USD

1 Thank abcnord
uk
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“up, up and away”
Reviewed December 21, 2008

We went up with Alaska last week. One of many companies now operating dawn balloons over the West Bank sites. We paid 260LE each which seems a fair price for the experience. The down side is that you are picked up very early (4.50 am) and taken to a boat where we sat for over a hour getting quite cold before being taken over to the other bank where the balloons launch. I'm sure that this could be better organised. The balloon basket had about 30 people in it all in segmented compartments which ideally hold 3 but sometime get 4 squashed in which is tricky when you practice the landing positions. The flight, about 30 minutes, was splendid and the pilot was expert at getting the balloon in position quite low over some sites and turning it around so that everybody had a good view. His landing was particularly smooth with no need to use the safety instructions he had carefully given us before hand. The company is very pushy about getting you to fill in comments forms immediately after the flight - I prefer to put mine on here!

2 Thank jevvy